midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Street Stocks Crates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Street Stocks on Crates
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 26 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 36

4d&sonsracing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMS wrote:
if a racer blows up a $10,000 motor he may be out for quite some time. But if the motors were more reasonably priced, like crates, then that racer can be back to the track much sooner. It keeps car counts up because EVERYONE, regardless of budget, will have the same opportunity to be competitive. Some racers are starting to say what's the point in going out if you can't afford to keep up with the skyrocketing price of racing, and those cars are sitting in sheds somewhere. When car counts stay up, fan counts stay up. It can allow people to run for championships and not be completely sidelined because of a blown motor, and it WILL limit some of the big money racing.

yes.
Jason Ford #4D
@iamjlf
Colossians 3:23
creighto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trouble is u can already buy the twist off bolts on ebay aometimes and any service manager seems to be able to get them. right back where u started cheating all over again.
shicken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i race. only once this year.....

damn you can find the twist bolts on ebay....aint that a b1tch....... so long for that idea..i knew it would happen but figured it would take longer...
fordstreetstock21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For instance the ford guys wouldnt do it because they are "ford guys"

no what if i want to run my ford chassis but have to run a chevy crate, then most rules say engine must match body.
SWrebs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the bolts leave GM they know where they go. And if they sell the bolts on E-bay and someone is caught cheating with the bolts that were bought on e-bay, then the original shop that GM sent the bolts to will suffer the penalty and GM has the right to prosecute them, and suspend anyone caught cheating with them.

"People try to live within their income so they can afford to pay taxes to a government that can't live within its income."
fgr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wont be any tear down rule.

Just a $200 claim and swap. If the motors are the same anyway, and someone is outrunning everyone. Just swap em out. Bring the winners motor next week and see if you can do any good with it.

The crates come with water pump distributor and intake. Make a clutch rule for 10.4" zoom circle track clutch. its $250 for flywheel and all. So everything gets swapped out except carb. Or have a branded carb rule and trade it all. Complete motor for motor because they are all the same.

For a $200 claim and swap, i doubt anyone would spend any money on these motors. Just come and race. if you win you stand a chance at getting swapped.

And i got no problem with letting the ford guys run the crate chevy in a ford chassis.

Now this is just my opinion and its not worht much.

Last edited by fgr on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
pitprincess

Location: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgr wrote:
There wont be any tear down rule.

Just a $200 claim and swap. If the motors are the same anyway, and someone is outrunning everyone. Just swap em out. Bring the winners motor next week and see if you can do any good with it.

And i got no problem with letting the ford guys run the crate chevy in a ford chassis.

My dad put a chevy motor in a ford truck, it was allot of work for him and jack. lol

Why does the body have to match the motor? I always wanted to ask that.. lol Very Happy
Right now was probley not the time..Laughing
joe_jace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought about finding out what is inside a crete motor, make the rules to match those parts and let your own motor builder build the thing instead of letting GM get richer. Then if you are protested you beter have those parts or you are illegal all the way to the gaskets.
NMS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy the same 'GM' parts as in the motor, where do you think they come from, Toyota? No, they come from GM, so they make the money anyway. Go buy the parts individually, block, crank, rods, pistons, Vortec heads, valves, springs, rocker arms, distributor, intake, oilpan, etc., and take it to get the work done. It is cheaper and easier to buy a complete motor ready to go, and everyone is on the same motor. If it's a sealed motor, you won't need protest rules, you can use the claim rule, like someone has already mentioned, just as easy.
joe_jace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So people like me that have always built my motors is screwed, and yes I know they come from GM, but I guess they put those things together for free. Sealed, yea right someone out there will have the bolts to replace when they go into. Do you have to sign a waiver saying you will not tear into it heck no. Next thing you know some tech man will say looks like that bolt has been tampered with. I like the idea of everyone being the same just dont create is that much foolproof, someone has the connections.
fgr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were not saying put a stop to the run what ya brung crowd.

My idea is to offer a racing package like the legends cars do.

It cost this much for an engine. $3000
Carb rule is Holley stock 4412.
The crates 602 run pump gas.
etc.
etc..

We could make a club type of setting where cars were offered to new racers by veteran racers and tech info and bulding help cold be offered to new racers who want to get started.

So there would be a set amount of money a guy could spend and come and race on the same equipment as everybody else. it would create the biggest surge of new racers after a year of struggling.

\You can run your own chassis and set the rules for rear suspension and stick with it. I have no problem allowing three link rears and let the guys with stock suspension work their way up when they can.

Or i have an idea. Why not just get sanctioned by IMCA.

Done deal right?

And let the high dollar motor guys set their own rules and run them a race too.

Last edited by fgr on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbishop1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: race Reply with quote

ok claim and swap 500.00Every thing except accs.
Rj72450

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have 2 engine options like the IMCA Northern Sport Mod class. Option A: 602 crate motor with 4 barrel carb & Option B: open motor with a 2b carb and a $500 claim or even swap.
fgr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look you guys who want to run with the high dolar crowd, that is fine.

But i think our goal utimately is to increase the amount of NEW racers getting into the sport by offering an affordable package that cost them about $10,000 including safety equipment.

They could purchase local used chassis or they could buy the brand new speedway metric chassis if they wanted.

Everybody runs IDENTICAL motors. So there is no question as to what power plant to run, What camshaft to run., what carb to run. I think it should be a STOCK holley with choke removed only. Available for $250 at pepboys or less brand new. The crates run pump gas and it should stay that way.
The motors already have distributors and intakes.
The only way you go faster is if your willing to turn yours more than i will. Or ofcourse you are a better driver or setup artist.

And the parts like clutches could be purchased and sold by the track, it would be easy to mark up the item and make a profit. You take the guys money, you put it in the bank and go online and order him a carb or whatever. Then you tell him to come pick it up when it gets there. No real out of pocket expense and the track promotor could help them with all aspects of buying the parts they need. Alot of guys dont have internet or have no idea we are online.
Imagine if we setup the tech section and directed everyone to this website. Now midsouth stock goes up and he can make more money too.

its a promotors dream if you think about it. used chassis and parts could be setup at the track on saturday and have sale and invite new racers through media, that they could come and "start building their own race team". How else are they going to do it if the veterans dont show them the way?

It makes racing popular to the entire state within 2 years and racing would be more succsesful than ever. Now is the time because fathers and sons are waiting to be steered away from NASCAR and into their own RACECAR. I think it wuld be huge.

people spend way...way more then $10000 on a car just to feed thier EGO. Just imagine how many guys would join the racing circuit if it was truly affordable and in a fun envoironment where everybody is on the same team, and may the best driver win. I think finding new racers is the best way to bring in money to the sport and it needs to be easier for them to join in the fun. We al know the biggest fan base in the stands is family and freinds. So bringing in more racers should be the main focus. Filling the stands is just a byproduct.

Wow i need to go mow the yard. Laughing
pitprincess

Location: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did you get the grass cut? lol
I wished when I was in Street Stocks there was a crate option. But there wasn't at that time. But my concerns are about not being able to look into the motors to see if cheating is going on. Just because someone says its a "crate" motor don't mean it has not been tampered with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: