midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

First Annual Winter Breeze Classic @ Moulton Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: First Annual Winter Breeze Classic @ Moulton Speedway Reply with quote

Good afternoon to everyone!! First I’d like to start off by welcoming everyone out for our First Annual Winter Breeze Classic that will be taking place February 5th & 6th 2021!! Thursday February 4th will be practice night from 6p-10p. Moulton speedway is now under new ownership. My husband Keith Steele and myself Amanda bought the track from Mr Hibbit August 31st. Keith and I live about 5 miles from the track and have raced here all our lives. Our parents raced here when we was kids growing up. Moulton Speedway has always been like a 2nd home to us. When we signed papers the 31st of August we agreed that this ol’gal (Moulton Speedway) needs some attention to bring her back to her glory days and we’ve put God in the front leading our way since day one. When we purchased we purchased with “family” in mind and with that being said our families will be in this with us and will all have a part to play. We’ve updated a lot already in the few months that we’ve had the track for instance, we’ve painted the whole retaining wall around the track white, moved staging lane to try to prevent less congestion and to allow the emergency personnel faster access to the tracks when and if needed. We have really don’t some serious decluttering around the property boundaries and we still have a lot more to do before the 2 day show in February 2021!
Keith and I know that we’ve never been on the backside of the scene but we’re gonna do our very best to do what the racers and fans are looking for out of a track owner. We know we aren’t perfect and we don’t try to be and we know we’re going to make mistakes but we ask that you all to support us and let’s build Moulton Speedway~ The Family Track back to what it was many years ago. We’ve got big plans and hope that you all will work with us to make it all possible.
Amanda & Keith Steele

If you have any questions or concerns you can reach Keith or myself at 2569740431, 2564100757, 2564100756 if you don’t get an answer leave a message and someone will call you back.

Classes running are;
CRUSA 604
CRUSA 602
CRUSA Modified Sportsman
CRUSA Street Stocks
Marion County Roofing Factory Stock
Mini Stocks
V6 Buzz
4 Cylinder Buzz

Rules can be found on our fb page at https://www.facebook.com/Moulton-Speedway-The-Family-Track-136847179665411/
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing you folks the absolute best, got a special place in my racing heart for this track starting when the Crumbs were running it. Best wishes!

Late Model Mark
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Late Model Mark!! Come and visit anytime that you’d like. Keith and I love Mr and Mrs Crumb. We continue to stay in touch with them often.
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad someone good finally has this place. I hope yall plan on running some super shows. Southern All stars? Mississippi state series? ECM had great car counts when they ran those 2 series this year. Maybe try to collaborate with North Alabama to run a series on Friday at Moulton and Saturday at North Alabama.
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. We are hoping that we can make something work in order to get Supers to the track. 🤞🏼🙏🏼
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before folks call for this series or that series, or risky Super Late Model events, the prudent thing to do is take it very slow, get your feet wet with a standard show or two.

There are so many expenses involved in a track, these folks purchased this track, not a lease, that is some bank.

Then you have,
1. Getting the track and facility back in shape. The dirt, buildings, grandstands, fencing, lighting, plumbing, concession equipment and so on, this sucks the billfold.

2. Then there is the cost of insurance, food costs, employees costs, and the race purse, this stuff adds up real quick.

A couple of regular shows can weed out some flaws that can be corrected. This is not going to be easy for these folks, it will take time, money and patience to endure the early shows.

Also one of the biggest factors to overcome and this is a large one here in Alabama, getting successful running on Friday nights. People will say, well North Alabama ran on Friday nights and it worked, not in the long run.

Time management on Friday nights will be extra important. What time do you start allowing folks to get home from work and get to the track. How long will your program be. After a long day at work you don't want the last feature to wrap up at 2:00am. Intermissions, hope not, endless time trials for a weekly show, a crowd and attitude killer.

This is some of the possible issues, let us give these folks a chance, give 'em some patience and the biggest thing, give them support!

Late Model Mark
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. We are hoping that we can make something work in order to get Supers to the track. 🤞🏼🙏🏼
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late_Model_Mark wrote:
Before folks call for this series or that series, or risky Super Late Model events, the prudent thing to do is take it very slow, get your feet wet with a standard show or two.

There are so many expenses involved in a track, these folks purchased this track, not a lease, that is some bank.

Then you have,
1. Getting the track and facility back in shape. The dirt, buildings, grandstands, fencing, lighting, plumbing, concession equipment and so on, this sucks the billfold.

2. Then there is the cost of insurance, food costs, employees costs, and the race purse, this stuff adds up real quick.

A couple of regular shows can weed out some flaws that can be corrected. This is not going to be easy for these folks, it will take time, money and patience to endure the early shows.

Also one of the biggest factors to overcome and this is a large one here in Alabama, getting successful running on Friday nights. People will say, well North Alabama ran on Friday nights and it worked, not in the long run.

Time management on Friday nights will be extra important. What time do you start allowing folks to get home from work and get to the track. How long will your program be. After a long day at work you don't want the last feature to wrap up at 2:00am. Intermissions, hope not, endless time trials for a weekly show, a crowd and attitude killer.

This is some of the possible issues, let us give these folks a chance, give 'em some patience and the biggest thing, give them support!

Late Model Mark

Thank you Later model Mark! We sure do appreciate your support more than you know.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

Late Model Mark
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying run a super show out the gate, I would just like to see a couple or a few more in this area next year. I look forward to coming down there and racing next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: