Joined: 16 Jun 2016
|Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:59 pm Post subject: Newsome Raceway Parts WRS Late Model Week 4 Round Up
|ADAIRSVILLE, GA – The defending Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Weekly Racing Series Late Model National Champion Shannon Lee of Lumberton, MS drove the Billy Riels Racing Special to his fourth win of the season and his third weekly win on Saturday night at Pike County Speedway in McComb, MS.
Lee now has 199 points to lead the Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Late Model standings after Week 4 competition. Brad Skinner of Spring Hill, TN picked up his third win of the season on Saturday night at Duck River Raceway Park in Lewisburg, TN driving the Dixon Plumbing Rocket and is now second in the Late Model National Weekly points chase with 197 points.
Sid Scarbrough of Florence, MS went into Week 4 action as the point leader, but a seventh-place finish on Saturday night at Jackson Motor Speedway in Jackson, MS dropped him to the third spot in the Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Late Model standings with 193 points. Scott Ladner of Lumberton, MS is fourth with 191 points, and Jeremy Idom of Hattiesburg, MS is fifth with 190 points.
Shannon Davis is sixth with 189 points and Tootie Arnold of Meadville, MS is seventh with 186 points. Shane Echols of Fayetteville, TN is eighth with 178 points, while Jamey Boland of Cuba, AL and Derek Smith of Lumberton, MS are tied for the ninth spot in the Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Racing Series Late Model standings with 174 points apiece.
Other Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Racing Series Week 4 Late Model winners on Saturday night were Brent Dillon of Greenville, MS at Jackson Motor Speedway in the Half Stack Mack Motorsports Special, and Chase Allen of Midlothian, TX was the winner at Superbowl Raceway in Greenville, TX.
David Kay of Munford, AL drove the Advantage Plus Excavating Special to his second Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Late Model with of the season at Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, AL. D.G. Hawkins of Chunchula, AL took the win at Tri-County Speedway in Flomaton, AL in the United States Marine Corps Special.
Chris McElhenney drove to a 40-point win in Week 4 action at Whynot Motorsports Park in Meridian, MS. Friday night Week 4 Newsome Raceway Parts Weekly Racing Series Late Model action scheduled for Hattiesburg Speedway in Hattiesburg, MS and Saturday night racing at Camden Speedway in Camden, TN, and Greenville Speedway in Greenville, MS were rained out.
Drivers in the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Weekly Racing Series Late Model Division will compete for both a weekly point fund and a National point fund over a 22 Week season that runs through November 1. A driver will count his best 11 weekly point races for their National point total. The 2020 National Champion will earn $10,000.
Newsome Raceway Parts is the Crate Racin’ USA Title Sponsor and serves competitors with economical Chevrolet Performance 604 and 602 Circle Track Engines and Parts. The 400 horsepower economical Aluminum Head, Steel Block, Chevrolet Performance 604 Engine is the engine of choice for the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Late Model Division.
The 350 horsepower economical Steel Head, Steel Block Chevrolet Performance 602 Engine is the engine of choice in the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Street Stock and the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Modified Sportsman Divisions, and the exclusive engine used in the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Late Model Sportsman Division.
The Chevrolet Performance 604 and 602 Engines are in stock and available for free next day delivery from Newsome Raceway Parts in Hartsville, SC. Newsome Raceway Parts gives a portion of the sales from each Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engine sold back to the Crate Racin’ USA Point Funds in four different Weekly Racing Series Divisions.
Each economical Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engine is built and sealed at the factory to prevent any expensive modifications. To place an order call Newsome Raceway Parts at 1-877-497-3624.
For more information and rules about the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series web site at www.crateracinusa.com, or visit the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CrateRacinUSA/. You can follow us on Twitter @CrateRacinUSALM, and at Instagram at crateracinusa.
NEWSOME RACEWAY PARTS CRATE RACIN’ USA WEEKLY RACING SERIES LATE MODEL POINT STANDINGS THROUGH 6/27/2020:
1. 47 Shannon Lee – 199
2. 17 Brad Skinner – 197
3. 33 Sid Scarbrough – 193
4. 21 Scott Ladner – 191
5. 18 Jeremy Idom – 190
6. 7 Shannon Davis – 189
7. 2T Tootie Arnold – 186
8. 34 Shane Echols – 178
9. 232 Jamey Boland – 174
9. 18s Derek Smith - 174
NEWSOME RACEWAY PARTS CRATE RACIN’ USA WEEKLY RACING SERIES LATE MODEL WEEK 4 RESULTS:
Friday, June 26:
HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY – HATTIESBURG, MS
Saturday, June 27:
DUCK RIVER RACEWAY PARK – LEWISBURG, TN:
1. 17 Brad Skinner; 2. 1 David Seibers; 3. 4 Dustin Harris; 4. 611 David Brannon; 5. C6 Oakley Johns; 6. 34 Shane Echols; 7. 20 Willie McElhiney; 8. 21 Josh Amacher; 9. 88 Dustin Rollins; 10. 99 Todd Minner; 11. B87 Brock Hall; 12. 8 Jeff Frame; 13. 7 Shannon Davis; 14. 02 Kevin Daniels; 15. 94 James Sullivan DNS.
JACKSON MOTOR SPEEDWAY – JACKSON, MS:
1. 7 Brent Dillon; 2. 10 Jason Henry; 3. 34 Doug Sanchagrin; 4. 8 Jim Paxton; 5. 15 Josh Thomas; 6. 11 Cliff Williams; 7. 33 Sid Scarbrough; 8. 28 Hayden McCool; 9. 11 Bill Dunaway; 10. 5 Eli Thomas.
PIKE COUNTY SPEEDWAY – McCOMB, MS:
1. 47 Shannon Lee; 2. 21 Scott Ladner; 3. 27 Joey Pilgrim; 4. 2T Tootie Arnold; 5. 26 Cole Cameron; 6. 18 Jeremy Idom; 7. 30 Joel Couvillion; 8. 12 Spencer Hughes; 9. 18s Derek Smith; 10. X Tyndale Dean; 11. 27 Noah Daspit DNS.
SUPERBOWL SPEEDWAY – GREENVILLE, TX:
1. 57 Chase Allen; 2. 75 Patrik Daniel; 3. 47 Tom Earl; 4. 57z Landen Zakalowski; 5. 118 Mike Fenton; 6. 95 Anthony Boatman; 7. 4 Bo Day; 8. 50 Billy Meazell; 9. 30 Phillip Smith; 10; 24 Sean Jones.
TALLADEGA SHORT TRACK – EASTABOGA, AL:
1. K5 David Kay; 2. 0 Andy Picklesimer; 3. 0 Jake Traylor; 4. 15 Lane Shuler; 5. 5 Mike Combs; 6. 0 Sterling Freeman; 7. 0 Michael Isbell; 8. 0 Landon McElroy; 9. F97 Red Farmer; 10. 0 Brian Womack; 11. 0 Shawn Gay; 12. 0 Grant Pearl; 13. 14 LP Logan Palmer.
TRI-COUNTY SPEEDWAY – FLOMATON, AL:
1. 96 D.G. Hawkins; 2. 02 Steven Brantley; 3. 99 Isaiah Day; 4. 94 Bailey Martin; 5. 25 Josh Huss; 6. 77 Ken Cartwright; 7. 34 Lee Mason; 8. 61 Randy Adams; 9. 97 Ryan Little; 10. 00m Monte Skinner; 11. 92 Parker Bell.
WHYNOT MOTORSPORTS PARK – MERIDIAN, MS:
1. 27 Chris McElhenney; 2. 232 Jamey Boland; 3. 44 Tim Dees; 4. 27 Larry Murphy.
CAMDEN SPEEDWAY – CAMDEN, TN:
GREENVILLE SPEEDWAY – GREENVILLE, MS:
Newsome Raceway Parts, a Division of Raceway Chevrolet in Hartsville, SC, is the Title Sponsor of Crate Racin’ USA. Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of Crate Racin’ USA. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of Crate Racin’ USA. VP Racing Fuel is the Official Race Fuel and Lubricant of Crate Racin’ USA. Knowles Race Parts and Bodies is the Official Parts Supplier for Crate Racin’ USA. Willy’s Carburetors is the Official Carburetor of Crate Racin’ USA. Fullmoon Graphics is the Official Wrap, Banner, and Sign Company of Crate Racin’ USA. Crate Racin’ USA 2020 Chassis Sponsors are Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, and CVR Race Cars.