midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

What we learned from Vado and the Ice Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardAllenIDR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: What we learned from Vado and the Ice Bowl Reply with quote

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-blog-what-we-learned-from-vado-and-the-ice-bowl/

It's only January and we've already had a major racing weekend
racefan0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interesting to see the Ice Bowl increase their super late model purse. Would also like to hear Late Model Mark's opinions on that.

However, I think a reason you don't see as many big names at the Ice Bowl anymore is because there are other races going on at the same time. For example last year the Wild West Shootout was happening on the same weekend as the ice bowl, and this year the World of Outlaws was running the same weekend.

I think if the weather had been better for this past weekend, I think you would of seen a lot more cars and fans there as well.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racefan o, thanks for asking my view of things and I sincerely mean that.

With out getting to the exact dollars, the Ice Bowl costs in purse around 85,000 plus to pay the racer's,give or take thousands. Then you have the track cost of food and beverage, staff, power, insurance, and the incredible cost of the ambulance per hour. Your eyes would bug out knowing the cost of the 'amalam' for each day. It puts things well north of 6 digits.

With all that, from the Limited's on down to the Hot Shots, I feel the race pays well enough, we pay 192 cars for the main events, plus the non-qualifiers race for the hot shots that had I think another 19 cars, that is 211 some-odd cars that were paid overall.

So with that, here is my view and it is easier to say when I don't write the checks, I wish that the Supers would pay $10,000-to-win, but it would make only a small difference due to the time of year, sorry weather, and other races. The Ice Bowl at one time was the only game, not anymore.

We pay out what we can. 2 days of revenue was lost due to weather, Saturday was frigin' cold, Sunday was better. You need all days to make this thing work. It was a long 2 days for me, I was very under the weather and barely made it thru Sundays Supers. Had the leave after that main.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer
Doc88D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell from start lineups to finishes, it looks like there wasn't a single pass for the lead in any division. I may be seeing it wrong, if I am please correct me. But it looks as if the leader on the back stretch of the first lap also won the race...
racefan0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late_Model_Mark wrote:
Racefan o, thanks for asking my view of things and I sincerely mean that.

With out getting to the exact dollars, the Ice Bowl costs in purse around 85,000 plus to pay the racer's,give or take thousands. Then you have the track cost of food and beverage, staff, power, insurance, and the incredible cost of the ambulance per hour. Your eyes would bug out knowing the cost of the 'amalam' for each day. It puts things well north of 6 digits.

With all that, from the Limited's on down to the Hot Shots, I feel the race pays well enough, we pay 192 cars for the main events, plus the non-qualifiers race for the hot shots that had I think another 19 cars, that is 211 some-odd cars that were paid overall.

So with that, here is my view and it is easier to say when I don't write the checks, I wish that the Supers would pay $10,000-to-win, but it would make only a small difference due to the time of year, sorry weather, and other races. The Ice Bowl at one time was the only game, not anymore.

We pay out what we can. 2 days of revenue was lost due to weather, Saturday was frigin' cold, Sunday was better. You need all days to make this thing work. It was a long 2 days for me, I was very under the weather and barely made it thru Sundays Supers. Had the leave after that main.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Definitely agree that the payouts for limited through hot shots are very good. Hopefully next year the weather will be great all through the weekend and we can really judge the car counts and people in the seats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: