midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Cory Hedgecock Conquers Crate Late Model Cabin Fever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Cory Hedgecock Conquers Crate Late Model Cabin Fever Reply with quote

For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
February 4, 2019

Cory Hedgecock Conquers Crate Late Model Cabin Fever at Boyds
Sweetheart Race at 411 Motor Speedway Up Next

Loudon, Tennessee (02/04/19) – Cory Hedgecock bagged his first win of 2019 on Saturday with a $1,5000 Crate Late Model triumph at Boyds Speedway in his brand-new Cushman #23 K&P Used Cars/ Five Star Hyundai/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine entry.

“I didn’t necessarily end the 2018 season the way that I would’ve liked. It feels like it’s been a while since I won a race, so it feels good to get another one,” Hedgecock commented. “This new XR1 Rocket Chassis felt really good. It was my first time on Integra Shocks and they really helped me have a great handling car. This new Eagle Racing Engine purred all night. We set fast time, started outside pole in the feature, and never looked back. Couldn’t have asked for anymore.

“We’ll get ready for the Sweetheart Race at 411 Motor Speedway in a few weeks, and then really get ramped up for Durrence Layne Series races at Bubba Raceway Park the end of the month.”

On Saturday night Cory Hedgecock hopped behind the wheel of his Valley Transport #23 Crate Late Model for the annual Cabin Fever at Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Georgia). Laying down the fastest time in qualifying, Hedgecock started in the outside-front-row position for the finale.

Rocketing into the lead at the drop of the green flag, Cory led wire-to-wire to pick up his first win of the season over Jimmy Elliott, Cruz Skinner, Chip Brindle, and David Kay.

For more results from this event, please visit www.BoydsSpeedway.net .

The team next returns to action on Saturday, February 16 at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tennessee) with the annual Sweetheart Race.

For more information on the event, please visit www.411MotorSpeedway.net .

Cory Hedgecock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Cushman, Valley Transport, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Transport One, Budget Transmissions, Valley Transport, VP Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Renegade Reach, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, Stealth Racing Carburetors, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Integra Shocks & Springs, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Cory Hedgecock, please visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgecock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/Cory-Hedgecock-Motorsports-166540363452544 and https://twitter.com/Hedgecock23 .
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the biggest problem with late model racing right now. A brand new XR1 chassis running in a Crate late model class that is only paying $1500 to win. The crate class was suppose to be a development class for new drivers, or a class for guys that don't have never ending pockets. This is a problem at all tracks here in the mid-south, so not just picking on this one driver. I could be wrong but I think if a guy can afford a new XR1 or Longhorn, etc, he probably has enough money to buy an open motor. It'd be good for Super car counts in this area if some of these crate guys moved up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: