midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

North Alabama Speedway Trying to Bring Back Weekly Supers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmned10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grt32 wrote:
car counts in supers were double when 12 inch spoilers were aloud, dont believe it, look back at car counts. never heard of a 40k spec or steel engine, bring on the spoilers and car counts will come back. 90 % of the spec or steel motors were and still are a 10 to 15k engine and when they took spoilers away they were not competitive and either quit racing or dropped down to a lower class because they couldn't afford a open engine, and now these guys are giving 50k for motors, that's what's killing the sport.

Race Engine Design in Chattanooga and Vic Hill will build them all day long at 30-40 thousand trust me and car counts were not double, now if you want to run that type motor that s fine but they are sportsman motors and go ask guys in east Tennessee about steel heads costing 50 thousand they are there
grt32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ice bowl had 80 to 100 supers when spoilers were aloud, now they have 50 if there lucky. winchesters nov race always had 50 cars, this year and the past few , nearly enough to fill the field. duck rivers oct race would have 60 or more, this year 31 cars. trust me I was racing these places along with sas when spoilers were here. ronnie Wilcom ar race engine design laughed at a 50k steel or spec engine. srrs series always plenty of cars. just because u can spend 30k on a dont mean u have to. bring on the spoilers. it was 2 or 3 crying about the spoilers that got them took away. if a guy can compete with a 15k spec or steel engine against open all because he has a spoiler , that's what brings cars.
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only ones whining about spoilers are the guys that want to out spend somebody, not outrun them.
vandy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a fan here who enjoys Super Late Model racing but it looks like to me that the promoters would see the only sensible answer to the dying out of this type racing is to return to the Spoiler rules. Just hope it's not to let to bring back this class that so many people love. Fans are leaving because of the lack of Supers racing. That is a fact.
lmned10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well f we have so many of those cars then why don't we just start a series with them. Seems to me that SUPR tried this with the big blade and now they are out of business!
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supers are out of business to. tracks are closing everywhere, promoters have to bring back engines that sitting and racers can afford to race.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a NAS has a limited number of area supers. They will run every other weekend but loose certain drivers who will run specials elsewhere at times with other series rules and give up the NAS $5000 track championship money. This local area track is trying to keep a class who will run a half of a season where the driver will commit to NAS to keep that class going. Most drivers do not want to keep a high dollar car and run it every other weekend, not worth the cost. He has to get the use out of the car for value and needs to run a full season for full season pay to keep the cost down. The clue is what will be the purse bi-weekly? The track can (will) only pay a few more dollars than a crate engine? Plus, fans will not settle for every other week and attend weekly. Look what happened to Moulton and Duck who tried bi-weekly. And there is another thing that is going to happen at NAS, a wall. A narrow track like NAS, it will be tearing up cars left and right.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are going to add a wall?

Late Model Mark
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what fans are saying for insurance purposes. Not good.
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there plenty of Supers in the Northern Alabama are, if you attended races there last week a lot of the crate guys are the same guys that ran supers at NAS and Moulton the couple times Moulton ran them. Also if you pay attention to the chassis some of the crate guys we're running this previous season, there mostly new chassis with high dollar shock packages, so if they have enough money for that, they probably can afford an open motor.

Moulton needs to commit to running supers next year as well, this would give the drivers another track to run at. Hoping Moulton stays on Friday's or this wouldn't work.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that needs a look at is the schedule. When the WoO, Lucas, Cotton Pick'n 100 is at the Mag, the SLM fans will not be at NAS, nor some Supers. When a big race is at the Duck or SAS near by, the SLM fans and some cars will be somewhere else. If NAS will schedule these SLM races on off weeks to keep the car count up and not against other big races, other tracks, nor against TST, the car count and fan count will be high enough. And the fans will adjust to this type of noticed schedule. Simple, tracks need to stop scheduling against each other and killing the fan count and car count. There is nothing worse than trying to decide which race to go to among 3 races then have 3 dead weekends afterwards with no races, it is the tracks fault, not the fans...... Note: all cars need to travel some to higher paid specials at other area tracks to earn more payout to keep cost down.
3 wide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a real simple formula for running a race track it's a formula were everybody makes money an rainouts don't hurt you because every night will be special I think there are a few race tracks that use something similar to this.
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthAlabama wrote:
Something that needs a look at is the schedule. When the WoO, Lucas, Cotton Pick'n 100 is at the Mag, the SLM fans will not be at NAS, nor some Supers. When a big race is at the Duck or SAS near by, the SLM fans and some cars will be somewhere else. If NAS will schedule these SLM races on off weeks to keep the car count up and not against other big races, other tracks, nor against TST, the car count and fan count will be high enough. And the fans will adjust to this type of noticed schedule. Simple, tracks need to stop scheduling against each other and killing the fan count and car count. There is nothing worse than trying to decide which race to go to among 3 races then have 3 dead weekends afterwards with no races, it is the tracks fault, not the fans...... Note: all cars need to travel some to higher paid specials at other area tracks to earn more payout to keep cost down.

I agree they need to find ways to schedule around big races. When the SAS had a race and Duck was still trying to have supers run it would almost cut their super count in half. That is also why Duck didn't run supers the last two weeks of their regular season, because they had a low count one night because of SAS races.
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a weekly Super late model series work, sort of like Nesmith/Durance Layne does but with just supers? I know UMP does this up north and looks like its working for them. You could create ways to give out more money to drivers like a big points fund at the end of the year and stuff. Doubt this would ever happen but i bet it could help the Super car counts, and i bet you could get some tracks around the mid south to hop on board.
???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dawson0610"]Would a weekly Super late model series work, sort of like Nesmith/Durance Layne does but with just supers? I know UMP does this up north and looks like its working for them. You could create ways to give out more money to drivers like a big points fund at the end of the year and stuff. Doubt this would ever happen but i bet it could help the Super car counts, and i bet you could get some tracks around the mid south to hop on board.[/quote] yea it could work if you could keep from having guys making a living off everyones fees like that crate stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: