midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Howard Moore Races to Podium Finish in 31st Annual STN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Howard Moore Races to Podium Finish in 31st Annual STN Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 10, 2018

Howard Moore Races to Podium Finish in 31st Short Track Nationals
Clinches 2018 ASCS Mid-South Region Title

Memphis, Tennessee (10/10/18 ) – Howard Moore enjoyed a career outing on Saturday night in his Stinson’s Industrial #40 Dynamic Electric/ XXX Chassis/ David McCarver Racing Engine Sprint Car. The talented, young driver led early in the 31st annual COMP Cams Short Track Nationals before ultimately registering a third-place finish.

"My Friday night performance wasn't too spectacular, but we definitely turned it around on Saturday night," Moore commented. "To finish third in the Short Track Nationals might not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but it's something very special to me. Our goal is to always win, but a podium in a race of that magnitude feels like a win. To also claim the ASCS Mid-South Region Championship on the same night, just makes things that much sweeter.

"I am grateful to Mr. Mike Ward for all he's done to help my team this year. I also want to recognize my Dad, Ricky and Mr. Billy for all of their hard work. Even on those nights, when I fall out of the seat they stand behind me. Last, but not least I want to thank all of my family, my sponsors and my fans for their never-ending support."

Howard Moore entered the opening round of the 31st annual COMP Cams Short Track Nationals at I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) on Friday night.

With 73 Sprinters entered, Howard won his heat race from the third-starting position. He started fourth in his qualifier before slipping to a sixth-place finish. Via points, he started fourth in the B-Main. Moore challenged for the third-and-final transfer spot for the duration of the B-Main, before finishing fourth, which left him one spot short of a transfer, ending his night.

On Saturday night the stakes were raised as a $10,141 top prize was posted for the finale of the mega event. Seventy-four drivers looked to take their best shot at notching their names into the history books, and Howard hit the ground running by winning his heat race from the third-starting spot. He backed up his heat race performance with a fifth-to-second run in his qualifier.

Via his preliminary performances Howard locked into not only the feature, but also the Mike Pack Building Materials Dash for Cash. Charging to the $500 win in the Dash, Howard earned the pole position for the 41-lap finale, where he was joined on the front row by Joe B. Miller.

As the feature went green Howard jumped to the early lead and extended his early advantage to as much as half a straight away over Miller and a hard-charging Blake Hahn.

Moore led until lap 13, when Hahn shot by for the lead. He pursued the new leader for the next several laps. Late in the race, Sam Hafertepe Jr. moved in to challenge Moore for the runner-up spot and the duo battled side by side for the ensuing circuits. Hafertepe Jr. eventually took over the runner-up spot, pushing Howard back to the third position.

The Memphis, Tennessee racer went on to finish third behind Hahn and Hafertepe Jr. and with his effort achieved the best COMP Cams Short Track Nationals finish of his career. With his performance he also clinched the 2018 American Sprint Car Series Mid-South Region Championship.

Full results from the event are available at www.I-30Speedway.com .

This weekend – October 12-13 – the team plans to enter the annual Flip-Flop 54 at Riverside International Speedway. The United Sprint Car Series program will include preliminary action on Friday night, while Saturday night will see a pair of $2,700-to-win features held. If a driver can sweep both features, he or she will receive a $2,700 bonus.

For more information on the weekend’s events, please visit www.USCSracing.com .

Howard Moore would like to thank all of his sponsors including Stinson’s Industrial Senter Farms, Engler Machine & Tool, Ronnie’s Hot Rods, Spanky’s Hot Rods & Customs, Lawn Jox, ROCKHARD Power Coating, Momentum Racing Suspension, Hinchman Racewear, Mr. Roy Young, Mr. David Berryman, SPEC Racing Engines, Dynamic Electric, Butlerbuilt, Lightning Wings, Hinchman Racewear, Ethan Barrow, KDN Promotions, Swindell Bleeders, DGS Motorsports, Xtreme Race Graphics, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Howard Moore is always looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information as well as the latest news and updates, please visit www.HowardMooreRacing.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: