midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Ricky Weiss Races to Red River Co-op Victory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Ricky Weiss Races to Red River Co-op Victory Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 17, 2018

Ricky Weiss Races to Red River Co-Op Victory
Four-Race Swing with LOLMDS this Week

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (07/17/18 ) – Ricky Weiss kicked off an ultra-busy week in his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7w Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car/ Vic Hill Race Engine Late Model by topping last Thursday’s program at Red River Co-op Speedway.

The win was his 13th of the season and set the tone for a successful weekend of racing.

“We hit the ground running on Thursday night and got the win at Red River Co-op Speedway,” Weiss said. “We were real competitive both nights with the World of Outlaws, and honestly I feel like I let one slip away from me at River Cities Speedway, but we’re still proud to get a fourth-place finish against these guys. Hopefully we can continue to build on what we have with the big Lucas Oil events this week.”

Thursday night found Ricky Weiss in action at Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba), where he was competing in a field of 12 Super Late Models. Passing two cars in his heat, Weiss landed a runner-up finish behind Shane Edginton, which locked him into the eighth-starting position for the A-Main.

Wheeling his way to the front, Ricky held off Mike Balcaen at the line to register his 13th win of the season. Balcaen, Shane Edginton, Kevin Sexton, and Rick Fawcett completed the Top-5 finishers in the 20-lap affair.

The following night at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series sanctioned program, Weiss followed up the fourth-fastest time overall in qualifying with a 10-lap heat race victory.

Earning the pole position for the $10,000-to-win A-Main, Ricky dropped three spots to finish fourth behind Mike Marlar, Brandon Sheppard, and Devin Moran with Shane Clanton coming in fifth.

On Saturday night at Ogilvie Raceway (Ogilvie, Minnesota), Ricky locked his spot into the $10,000-to-win finale with a runner-up finish in his heat race behind David Breazeale. Starting fourth on the grid for the feature Weiss slipped two positions to finish sixth.

For more results from these events, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca and www.WoOLMS.com .
This week will find Weiss entering a quartet of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) events. The schedule for the weekend includes:

July 17: Brown County Speedway (Aberdeen, SD) - $10,000-to-win
July 18: Jackson Motorplex (Jackson, MN) - $10,000-to-win
July 19: I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, NE) - $10,000-to-win
July 20-21: I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, NE) - $53,000-to-win

For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, Sweet Bloomquist Race Cars, RDW Recycling, Keewatin Truck Service, Team Red Line Graphix, Penske Racing Shocks, Turk Enterprises, Hawkeye Construction, Vic Hill Race Engines, Mark Brandt Trucking, Fastenal, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Go Lithium Batteries, Straight Ahead Ventures Inc., Allied Roofing Inc., FK Rod Ends, Metalz in Motion, FastShafts, Beyea Custom Headers, Arizona Sport Shirts, Wilwood, Swift Springs, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: