midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Another win for legitimate elections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Another win for legitimate elections Reply with quote

VA Supreme Court has ruled that the executive order issued by the Democrat Governor who restore voting rights to almost 200,000 felons was illegal and unconstitutional. His executive order allowed felons to vote in last Presidential elections. A state BTW won by Hillary.
JamieHall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That appears to have happened in 2016.

According to most recent reports I've found, this is more recent:

"When Republicans in Virginiaís state legislature revolted at that executive order and won an August 2016 Virginia Supreme Court decision blocking restorations en masse, McAuliffe took another route, with his office reviewing thousands of felonsí records and the governor restoring their rights individually using an autopen. The number of restorations completed that way only stood at 13,000 of the planned 200,000 in August of 2016.

"But the administration has been persistent, and now Secretary of the Commonwealth Kelly Thomasson tells me 172,298 people have had their rights restored as of Friday, with more on the way in the last week of the governorís term."

-- Jan. 8, The Atlantic
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
That appears to have happened in 2016.

According to most recent reports I've found, this is more recent:

"When Republicans in Virginiaís state legislature revolted at that executive order and won an August 2016 Virginia Supreme Court decision blocking restorations en masse, McAuliffe took another route, with his office reviewing thousands of felonsí records and the governor restoring their rights individually using an autopen. The number of restorations completed that way only stood at 13,000 of the planned 200,000 in August of 2016.

"But the administration has been persistent, and now Secretary of the Commonwealth Kelly Thomasson tells me 172,298 people have had their rights restored as of Friday, with more on the way in the last week of the governorís term."

-- Jan. 8, The Atlantic

Felons voting? Sure, how could that hurt anything.... Rolling Eyes They're such fine upstanding citizens...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: