midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

What tracks run SLMs weekly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: What tracks run SLMs weekly? Reply with quote

Looks like the tracks that run weekly SLMs are fading. Now in question, Moulton is running Friday nights with weekly SLMs, not this night 18th. TST has SLMs on Saturday nights. Is Winchester (when open) running SLMs weekly? I noticed the Mag did not run SLMs on a couple of races, looks they stopped except for special/series racing..............List: (1) Moulton in question, (2) TST for sure, (3) ?

Last edited by NorthAlabama on Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
SMARTT

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Winchester Reply with quote

Winchester usually runs supers on weekly basis. Seen that Moulton wasn't running them this week.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on Moulton. I was thinking about going but if no SLMs, I'm not showing up. Moulton Facebook will post the starting line up tomorrow and maybe let everyone know. The Facebook information sucks from these tracks for they might post something (or not) a day or two in advance. It is so difficult to get information....... Does Winchester like Duck run just when ever they get a wild hair?
CCSO-J5

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only track in MS running SLM weekly is Greenville Speedway. Mag stopped running them weekly this year.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that Ft. Payne runs a mixed SLM field last I heard. Let me be real, honest and frank, if you want to see Supers weekly, Talladega is the place. Big number of cars, not really. But we get 14+ each week or more. We also have the most specials for the Supers as well, not a opinion but a hard fact.

We run each week, repeat each week, O' Reilly Auto Parts Super Late Models, Griffin Laser&Engraving Limited (Steel Block) Late Models, Durrence Layne Nesmith (604) Late Models, and the Durrence Layne Nesmith (602) Late Models. It is a consistent 4 division race night that works that at least will give you 60+ Late models in the pits. No track in Bama can match that week after week.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer Razz
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Winchester Reply with quote

SMARTT wrote:
Seen that Moulton wasn't running them this week.
There is no posting on Moulton's Facebook. Where can this information be found?
Doc88D

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck finding info on Moulton, ECM, Thunderhill & NAS. You have to browse their Facebook pages regularly to catch whatís happening. Hell I just found out that the bullring has been racing regularly this year. Didnít know that at all. Itís like these places feel that Facebook is the end all to advertising. I hear radio ads on a local country channel for Pine Ridge Speedway in Baldwin MS. Iím going to check that place out this weekend just because they think outside of the Facebook world.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally go to Riverside and occasionally go to Greenville, the Mag. Whether I see the SLM's or not doesn't matter with me but all of them have LM's of one kind or another. To be honest I prefer sprints in either the 360 or 305 configurations. And I will not miss a good 410 race if at all possible. Another 'to be honest' statement is that I really do love the stock cars whether they be hobby, sportsman or whatever a particular track wants to call them. They tend to put up the toughest and most competitive races of the night. Anyway it goes I just love being at a racetrack with all the smells, noise, concessions and everything that you might experience on a good night of racing.
14car

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://northalabamaspeedway.com/index.html.

Here is NAS link.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a phone call, Moulton is NOT running SLMs 5-18. Facebook is not clear at all for they left SLMs off of the poster list in the photo. No line up list post like normal! All they had to do is type a single line, "Not running Supers tonight" I wonder how many fans are going to show up expecting to see SLMs, I would be pissed. They will run them on Sunday 5-27 after NAS runs the SAS on 5-26. Is Duck suppose to run on Sunday 5-27 or is it canned like Winchester's SAS?
floater

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NORTH ALA USUALLY POST RESULTS ON WEB SITE SUNDAY AFTERNOON LATE
PS THANKS NORTH ALA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
floater

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WINCHESTER HAS LATE MODELS SCHEDULED FOR TOMMROW NIGHT
ALSO THEY HAVE BEEN POSTING RESULTS LATE SUNDAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: