midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Ricky Weiss Wins at River Cities Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Ricky Weiss Wins at River Cities Speedway Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 15, 2018

Ricky Weiss Wins at River Cities Speedway
Canadian Set for Triple Header Weekend

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (05/15/1Cool – Ricky Weiss had an eventful weekend in his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7w Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car Late Model.

On Friday night he registered his fourth win of the season, while Saturday night found a win stripped due to a controversial finish.

“Well, this weekend had a little bit of everything for our team,” Weiss noted. “Both nights we had a really good car. Friday night we got the win at River Cities Speedway. Then on Saturday night we were battling for the lead with Dustin Strand on the final lap, when we made contact. Dustin ended up in the wall, and I got put to the tail of the field. It was a bad deal for both of us, and I hate that our nights ended that way.

“The good news is that our car is running really well right now. I also want to welcome Schaeffer’s Oil and Go Lithium Batteries to our awesome list of marketing partners. I really appreciate everyone’s great support. I think this is going to be a big year for our team.”

Friday night took Ricky Weiss to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota), where he was competing in a field of 16 Super Late Models. Passing five cars in his heat, Weiss streaked to an 8-lap heat race victory, positioning him fifth on the starting grid for the feature.

Outrunning pole-starting Dustin Strand, Ricky Weiss soared to his fourth win of the season. Bill Mooney, Mike Balcaen, and Ryan Corbett completed the Top-5 finishers.

The following night at Devil’s Lake Speedway (Lakota, North Dakota), Ricky locked his spot into the A-Main with a runner-up finish in his heat race behind Dustin Strand. Rolling off seventh for the feature, Weiss had built a comfortable lead until late when Strand started reeling him in. Making contact with Strand in the final corner of the last lap, Ricky was charged with the incident and sent to the tail. He was credited with an eighth-place finish.

For more results from these events, please visit www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.DLSpeedwaytest.weebly.com .

A busy upcoming weekend is on tap for Weiss Motorsports. On Friday night he’ll compete with the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota). On Saturday and Sunday he’ll race with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) at Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota) and I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska).

For more information on the events, please visit www.NLRA.org and www.LucasDirt.com

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, Sweet Bloomquist Race Cars, RDW Recycling, Keewatin Truck Service, Team Red Line Graphix, Penske Racing Shocks, Turk Enterprises, Hawkeye Construction, Vic Hill Race Engines, Mark Brandt Trucking, Fastenal, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Go Lithium Batteries, Straight Ahead Ventures Inc., Allied Roofing Inc., FK Rod Ends, Metalz in Motion, FastShafts, Beyea Custom Headers, Arizona Sport Shirts, Wilwood, Swift Springs, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: