midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Responsible Gun Ownership (RGO)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.RPS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Responsible Gun Ownership (RGO) Reply with quote

My Bride and I took their class this weekend Friday evening the written and Saturday afternoon the shooting.The 3 instructors are highly trained and very knowledgeable of Mississippi and Tennessee gun laws and spends one on one time with each student. I recommend if you have a firearm or planning on buying a firearm please do the responsible thing take a good course on how to handle a firearm . Remember you are responsible for every bullet that you had fired.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe even further then that, responsible for every bullet that you've bought!
One Man Gang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Responsible Gun Ownership (RGO) Reply with quote

Mr.RPS wrote:
My Bride and I took their class this weekend Friday evening the written and Saturday afternoon the shooting.The 3 instructors are highly trained and very knowledgeable of Mississippi and Tennessee gun laws and spends one on one time with each student. I recommend if you have a firearm or planning on buying a firearm please do the responsible thing take a good course on how to handle a firearm . Remember you are responsible for every bullet that you had fired.
Was one of your instructors last name White ?
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just one change in the law i would like to see done. Put a waiver in the medical confidentiality law which woudl allow those doing background check limited access to medical records just to see if the person is taking certain medication which could effect their actions or if they have emotional issues.

This guy would not have passed background check if it had been known
he had mental issues.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
There is just one change in the law i would like to see done. Put a waiver in the medical confidentiality law which woudl allow those doing background check limited access to medical records just to see if the person is taking certain medication which could effect their actions or if they have emotional issues.

he had mental issues.

This happened almost exactly one year ago. Care to explain (but I'm sure you would rather spin it)?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-votes-block-rule-guns-mentally-impaired-160528028--finance.html
Mr.RPS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Responsible Gun Ownership (RGO) Reply with quote

One Man Gang wrote:
Mr.RPS wrote:

No sir my instructor last name is Porter the other two are husband and wife .He is a Desoto County Constable and she’s a Southaven police officer.

In my opinion I believe every firearm owner should take a proper firearm training not only how to shoot but learn the laws and some basic firearm ethics .
One Man Gang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Responsible Gun Ownership (RGO) Reply with quote

Mr.RPS wrote:
One Man Gang wrote:
Mr.RPS wrote:

No sir my instructor last name is Porter the other two are husband and wife .He is a Desoto County Constable and she’s a Southaven police officer.

In my opinion I believe every firearm owner should take a proper firearm training not only how to shoot but learn the laws and some basic firearm ethics .
I gotcha when I took the course to get my permit our instructor was from over around Olive Branch or Southaven his last name was White if I'm not mistaken.
Mr.RPS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s might be a instructor name White just I’d work with Officer Holloway during shop with a cop at Christmas so my Bride and I decided to go through the RCO class
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkchop wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

he had mental issues.

This happened almost exactly one year ago. Care to explain (but I'm sure you would rather spin it)?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-votes-block-rule-guns-mentally-impaired-160528028--finance.html

More MSM spin on the truth. The Obama rule did not change anything because he was unable to change the medical privacy act. Meaning that medical records even those of the mentally ill are not available for background checks. So he just put on a dog and pony show.

Seems that the left like to make grandstand jesters in order to make it seem as if they are doing something but not actually do anything.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Porkchop wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

he had mental issues.

More MSM spin on the truth. The Obama rule did not change anything because he was unable to change the medical privacy act. Meaning that medical records even those of the mentally ill are not available for background checks. So he just put on a dog and pony show.

Seems that the left like to make grandstand jesters in order to make it seem as if they are doing something but not actually do anything.

Do you believe that someone who has been determined by the Social Security office that they are mentally deficient in their ability to handle or even direct another individual to handle their financial affairs are responsible enough to manage a gun? Really?
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to start looking at the connections between certain drugs and behavioral patterns in these shooters..........
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Porkchop wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

he had mental issues.

Do you believe that someone who has been determined by the Social Security office that they are mentally deficient in their ability to handle or even direct another individual to handle their financial affairs are responsible enough to manage a gun? Really?

Mental illness has always been a disqualifying factor. But those on the left believe that any disability not just mental was a disqualifying factor. But that does not change anything having to do with mental illness since the majority of the mentally ill are not non functional and declared non functional by the SS department. But ONLY those who are declared non functional have their medical records available for the background checks. Because their conditions are a part of public records. But the specifics of their condition is not. ONLY the part where they are non functional and on government assistance..
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Porkchop wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

he had mental issues.

Mental illness has always been a disqualifying factor. But those on the left believe that any disability not just mental was a disqualifying factor. But that does not change anything having to do with mental illness since the majority of the mentally ill are not non functional and declared non functional by the SS department. But ONLY those who are declared non functional have their medical records available for the background checks. Because their conditions are a part of public records. But the specifics of their condition is not. ONLY the part where they are non functional and on government assistance..

Do you believe that someone who has been determined by the Social Security office that they are mentally deficient in their ability to handle or even direct another individual to handle their financial affairs are responsible enough to manage a gun?
Mr.RPS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
They need to start looking at the connections between certain drugs and behavioral patterns in these shooters..........

That has been looked at and has been determined the ones doing the mass shootings were on prescribe anti depression or anti anxiety medication which has been linked to violet behavior.. Now I haven’t heard anything about this coward in Florida.
Mr.RPS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Porkchop wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

he had mental issues.

That question makes absolutely sense !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: