midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

BRING RIVERSIDE BACK (suggestions)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: BRING RIVERSIDE BACK (suggestions) Reply with quote

What would it take to bring Riverside back to a thriving place again with good car count and alot of fans Ok all of you keyboard jockeys post all your suggestions and don't hold back
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit preaching to the choir.

Most advertising that has been done(car shows mostly) are focused on current fans.

The $5 fan appreciation and back to school specials are great ideas.

BUT NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THEM.

Most of the promotion was on sites which cater to current racing fans.

Need to reach out to the general public on NON RACE RELATED media.

Print each months schedules in the Shoppers News

Send flyers to area churches giving group discounts for youth. (bus driver gets in free with group of 10 or more)

Give 2 free tickets to every high school Valedictorian and Salutatorian for a schools out night and recognize the PA system.

Get involved in community events such as parades.

RIVERSIDE IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THIS AREA

I have lost count how many times i have been talking to people and the conversation gets around to racing in which someone states "Is that place still open. Haven't been there in many many years"

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE in media that is not focused only on current Riverside Fans.
warrior62

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be some type of beginners class. Maybe a Fwd drive completely stock fwd from the air filter to the muffler. Street stock class is no longer a beginners class not a car over there that's won this year with less than 10k-15k in it. If we cant get more people started in the sport the car counts are going to continue to drop. I feel that a FWD class would do this pick up a car for 500-700 bucks knock the glass out and go racing. The track could even buy a couple and rent them out to race for a night. Theres a lot of young kids that want to race but their folks cant drop 5k in a karting setup. This would be a great alternative. Just my .02
Cooter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing that we know for sure, it's that asking a bunch of random jackasses on the internet what would help a track succeed will bring in great suggestions!
VJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooter, I thank you for your random jacka$$ post. The parties involved are asking for serious suggestions for a reason.
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VJ wrote:
Cooter, I thank you for your random jacka$$ post. The parties involved are asking for serious suggestions for a reason.

You've seemed to always have the answers for everything Riverside so I doubt anyone has anything to offer you
Cooter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable. But I'm gonna guess the theme will be to add certain classes, but have fewer classes. Lower prices, improve facilities, get a better tech man, but he can't have any friends or know anybody that races. Your flagman probably sucks and so does your announcer. The track is too tacky or too dry or both.
TheSprintMonster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't attended a single race at RIS this season and don't plan on returning without hearing about a few changes. So, I guess I'm the guy you are looking for:

1. Stock cars are a beginner class, period. It's horrible racing and beyond boring. I realize everyone starts somewhere and money doesn't grow on trees, thus the need for a beginner class. That said, it's more accurate to call what happens in that class at RIS a demolition derby than racing. Yet, there they are every single weekend without exception. It takes on average when I was going nearly 40 minutes to run the feature race in that class due to the spin outs and constant wrecking. It's just flat out painful to watch. Stock car racing every single weekend, especially once college football starts, simply makes the decision a no-brainer on where my attention and entertainment dollar will go.

2. Stop running five classes on a normal racing weekend. This leads to post-midnight finishes. I'll gladly pay more to see less! There's just no excuse to still be running past 11:00 pm if you run three or four classes and start on time.

3. If you are going to keep the stands in the backstretch open, fix the plumbing (if it hasn't already been done).

4. Light the track properly. The finish line was literally in the dark the last race I saw there. Of the dozen or so tracks I've been to in my life, RIS is hands down the most poorly lit track of them all. Dark corners are not safe for the drivers and just add to the impression that RIS has horrible infrastructure issues beyond just the non-functioning toilets.

5. Bring back the 360s. I don't know why they have been cut back and the 305s seemingly replacing them as the premier class, but there's only one class I care to see regularly. No other class will have me make the nearly two hour commute to and from the track regularly.

6. Want to eliminate a class, then pitch the mods. It's boring racing and from what I'm hearing low car counts. No class turns into "get in a single file line and go around in circles" faster at RIS than the mods.

7. Start on time. If you have to work the track, then get there early enough to start the work and drop the first green flag at 7:00 sharp. Nothing starts the night off as bad as watching stock cars pack the track and still doing so at 7:45.

8. Ditch (no pun!) the intermission. It's a waste of time and people will still go buy concessions throughout the night. You don't have to designate an intermission just to drive people to the food line. If the food is even remotely decent and the prices are fair, they'll buy and don't need an intermission to know it's time to go.

I'm going to the races this weekend, just not at RIS. And no, there's won't be a single sprint car within 300 miles of where I'll be this weekend. I do hope RIS survives, but I don't see that happening with things being status quo.
uscsracing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USCS Fall Nationals and USCS Flip Flop 50 races at Riverside International Speedway in West Memphis, Arkansas have been moved back to their original 2017 scheduled dates of October 20th and 21st to avoid conflict with other Mid-South area major events.

"The event was on the schedule originally on these dates and we moved down a week later to accomadate the World of Outlaws Fall rain date at Riverside that has now been postponed to 2018", stated USCS Founder and President, Pete Walton.

"This places the weekend of racing where it has always been, the weekend following the Short Track Nationals at I-30 Speedway. I hope this hasn't inconvenienced anyone too much as this is always one of the best weekend's of racing for teams and drivers in the area in all three of our divisions", concluded Walton..

The weekend of action has also always featured the Mid-South Street Stock Challenge event and has had the Late Model division included for several years as well.

This year's event features the USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour presented by K&N Filters,winged sprint cars plus the K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modifieds and www.rockauto.com USCS 600 Mini Sprints and the Mid -South Street Stock Challenge.

The United Sprint Car Series Outlaw Thunder Tour winged sprint cars will once again compete in the unique USCS "Flip Flop" 50 twin main event format. The USCS Flip Flop" 50 format has the sprint cars start their first main event straight-up from their positions earned in the qualifying rounds. After the first main event the sprint car drivers line up inverted from the finish of the first main event with the winner of the first A-Main starting dead last in the second event and racing for a bonus prize if they can win the second A-Main as well.

The K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified and www.rockauto.com USCS Mini Sprint formats will be announced later this weekend. For rules and schedule updates please visit www.uscsracing.com or if you have questions call USCS at 770-865-6097
Tight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Rebuttal Reply with quote

1. Stock cars are a beginner class, period. It's horrible racing and beyond boring. I realize everyone starts somewhere and money doesn't grow on trees, thus the need for a beginner class. That said, it's more accurate to call what happens in that class at RIS a demolition derby than racing. Yet, there they are every single weekend without exception. It takes on average when I was going nearly 40 minutes to run the feature race in that class due to the spin outs and constant wrecking. It's just flat out painful to watch. Stock car racing every single weekend, especially once college football starts, simply makes the decision a no-brainer on where my attention and entertainment dollar will go.

1.The RIS class is starting to get more expensive than it should. But the last stock car races at Riverside have been very entertaining. Yeah there are some cautions but that's to be expected with what you call any "beginners class."

2. Stop running five classes on a normal racing weekend. This leads to post-midnight finishes. I'll gladly pay more to see less! There's just no excuse to still be running past 11:00 pm if you run three or four classes and start on time.
2. Race tracks need to take in money to keep the place going.

3. If you are going to keep the stands in the backstretch open, fix the plumbing (if it hasn't already been done).
3. Been that way for years, outside of a cheap quick fix, will always be that way
4. Light the track properly. The finish line was literally in the dark the last race I saw there. Of the dozen or so tracks I've been to in my life, RIS is hands down the most poorly lit track of them all. Dark corners are not safe for the drivers and just add to the impression that RIS has horrible infrastructure issues beyond just the non-functioning toilets.
4. Been to a lot of tracks and lighting isn't an issue for RIS. The p.a. System is another story
5. Bring back the 360s. I don't know why they have been cut back and the 305s seemingly replacing them as the premier class, but there's only one class I care to see regularly. No other class will have me make the nearly two hour commute to and from the track regularly.
5. Cost too much to run 360's Cost only half the purse to run 305's. Dollars and cents

6. Want to eliminate a class, then pitch the mods. It's boring racing and from what I'm hearing low car counts. No class turns into "get in a single file line and go around in circles" faster at RIS than the mods.
6. Might want to start with mini sprints first
7. Start on time. If you have to work the track, then get there early enough to start the work and drop the first green flag at 7:00 sharp. Nothing starts the night off as bad as watching stock cars pack the track and still doing so at 7:45.
7. Free Tommy Mullins

8. Ditch (no pun!) the intermission. It's a waste of time and people will still go buy concessions throughout the night. You don't have to designate an intermission just to drive people to the food line. If the food is even remotely decent and the prices are fair, they'll buy and don't need an intermission to know it's time to go.
8. What about the traditional kid's foot races?
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuttal Reply with quote

Tight wrote:

1.The RIS class is starting to get more expensive than it should. But the last stock car races at Riverside have been very entertaining. Yeah there are some cautions but that's to be expected with what you call any "beginners class."

2. Race tracks need to take in money to keep the place going.

3. Been that way for years, outside of a cheap quick fix, will always be that way
4. Been to a lot of tracks and lighting isn't an issue for RIS. The p.a. System is another story
5. Cost too much to run 360's Cost only half the purse to run 305's. Dollars and cents

6. Might want to start with mini sprints first
7. Free Tommy Mullins

8. What about the traditional kid's foot races?

Contrary to what you and your alter ego stated. If they did not have 305 listed on the schedule and just sprints instead. 95% of the people could not tell the difference unless they are holding a stop watch.

NOTHING wrong with the on track product in most of the classes.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Quit preaching to the choir.

Most advertising that has been done(car shows mostly) are focused on current fans.

The $5 fan appreciation and back to school specials are great ideas.

BUT NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THEM.

Most of the promotion was on sites which cater to current racing fans.

Need to reach out to the general public on NON RACE RELATED media.

Print each months schedules in the Shoppers News

Send flyers to area churches giving group discounts for youth. (bus driver gets in free with group of 10 or more)

Give 2 free tickets to every high school Valedictorian and Salutatorian for a schools out night and recognize the PA system.

Get involved in community events such as parades.

RIVERSIDE IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THIS AREA

I have lost count how many times i have been talking to people and the conversation gets around to racing in which someone states "Is that place still open. Haven't been there in many many years"

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE in media that is not focused only on current Riverside Fans.

The Shoppers News? Did he just say the Shoppers News?

LOL

Last edited by Oldfart on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
shicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kill the mini sprints, or at least give them a different night to race..
a bone stock stock car class or a cruiser class
keep clayton out of track spotlight..as in no announcing or interaction at track

gate specials..the lower gate price more people come in...more people equals higher food sales

fix the damn bleachers!!!!

and id say try to look after the local racers that support track every week instead of a raised price special

track equiptment should also be supplied free too.
Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the people from kneeling During the National anthem! Oh wait
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson wrote:
Stop the people from kneeling During the National anthem! Oh wait

Enough dark areas in the pits where if that were to happen it would happen just once and that person would be advised by others not to do it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: