midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Here is the scenario
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagman66 wrote:
guess ill go ahead and stir the pot .i have absolutely no problem with the sale of beer .maybe move it to the west side only or section off a part for drinking beer .i have seen way to many over drinkers stumbling up and down the bleachers .not very family friendly.

most tracks have a family section where no beer is allowed.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverside used to have a family section in the east grandstands. I remember when I saw many of the patrons just got up and left the racetrack altogether. I haven't seen that section being filled since that time. Anyone can guess about what caused those fans to leave. I KNOW why they left. But aside from that single incident more and more of the smokers and drinkers started sitting in those reserved seats. At that point Riverside began to ignore the non-family oriented fans and instead allow them to sit anywhere they liked, including the family section. Sad.
4everblue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little food for thought. The best attended track in the area, hands down, is Crowley's Ridge. They don't sell beer.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have to offer these new family fans? A bunch of loud beat up junk looking cars going in a circle at very late hours getting your ears rung with dirt in your eyes and hair with the crying kids wanting to go home and sleep. And you want this new family to pay upwards of $50 bucks to put them thru hell sitting next to a marked-up chain smoking crack head drinking beer? And no one can see the problem?....
Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you smoking crack?
drmike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you but I'm all inked up, chain smoking and drinking cold beer like a boss!
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've certainly seen my share of drunk loudmouths at Riverside. One night a man sat just behind me and he bought his beers 4 at a time. He had brought his daughter and a few of her friends that night. All of them got up and headed down the stairwell. He hollered at them, "Where you going? Going to take a piss?" I am certain they were all mortified. I certainly was.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ Last year the announcers at the Knoxville Nationals learned the hard way that you don't put a microphone in the face of a drunk. They were putting pictures of drivers on the big screens and just showing their eyes through the face shield. They would interview someone in the audience and if the person could guess who the driver was they won a prize. The first one was easy because they put Sammy up there. The next picture was of defending Knoxville 410 champ Bronson Maeschen. They picked a drunk to make the guess, and you could tell he could barely even stand up. His first response was "Danny Saloski". Of course he meant Danny Lasoski! He was told he was incorrect and asked if he wanted to take another guess. He looked and said "Hell, I don't know who that ugly bastard is!". That went out for the entire 20K people who were there. One of the funniest moments I've ever seen. All I could think was poor Bronson Maeschen!
drmike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDirt wrote:
^^^^^ Last year the announcers at the Knoxville Nationals learned the hard way that you don't put a microphone in the face of a drunk. They were putting pictures of drivers on the big screens and just showing their eyes through the face shield. They would interview someone in the audience and if the person could guess who the driver was they won a prize. The first one was easy because they put Sammy up there. The next picture was of defending Knoxville 410 champ Bronson Maeschen. They picked a drunk to make the guess, and you could tell he could barely even stand up. His first response was "Danny Saloski". Of course he meant Danny Lasoski! He was told he was incorrect and asked if he wanted to take another guess. He looked and said "Hell, I don't know who that ugly bastard is!". That went out for the entire 20K people who were there. One of the funniest moments I've ever seen. All I could think was poor Bronson Maeschen!

Danny Saloski lol!!! Awesome
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4everblue wrote:
A little food for thought. The best attended track in the area, hands down, is Crowley's Ridge. They don't sell beer.

There is also a lot less competition for the entertainment dollar. 45,000 people in the county with not a lot of things to choose from when it comes to entertainment options.
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDirt wrote:

This classic moment just made my whole day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: