midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Here is the scenario
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Here is the scenario Reply with quote

You are the promoter at your local track.

Attendance is off for the year and you need an idea to try and attract a larger crowd.

You have little to no money in your budget. But you need to promote the track to the community and reach NEW FANS instead of promoting to the same crowd which show up every week.

What ideas do you think would help bring in NEW FANS. Which have not been to the track before or has not been in several years.

Part of the scenario is anything you do MUST be able to reach out to a NEW group of fans which have little to no history with the track.
One Man Gang

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Hugh Freeze run the track a few weeks he seems to had the idea on what to do to get new folks interested. Ain't saying it would work on the racing scene but what the hell might be worth trying
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Man Gang wrote:
Let Hugh Freeze run the track a few weeks he seems to had the idea on what to do to get new folks interested. Ain't saying it would work on the racing scene but what the hell might be worth trying

Where do you get the money to pay the hookers???
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increasing a fan base without funding is next to impossible but it can be done. Take a long hard look into your grandstands and try to understand just who it is that isn't there. Then try to figure out why they aren't there. I would suggest that the white middle class males are represented well in the stands. And I would suggest overtures to women and minorities of all stripes be attempted in the many cases of marginally successful local race tracks. Whenever your fan base doesn't mirror the general population in close proximity to your place of business then you are not going to do well in the overall departments of participation. Sometimes simple exposure to the entertainment is sufficient. There are a number of different ways to accomplish that. Some more expensive than others and some more time and labor intensive than others. But it certainly can be done and there are no secret or magical scenarios. Every case is unique and requires extensive PLANNING. If your plans don't produce positive results then you probably need to change your plans. Bear in mind, however, that positive change takes time and continuous input to ever make any real differences at all. Thanks for the invitation to contribute to this subject that all race fans tend to think about, midge.
Clinton Stoerner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
One Man Gang wrote:

Where do you get the money to pay the hookers???

You always have money for the necessities in life.
John Adamson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22": wheel class?
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that once again given the change to give input to owners that no one wants to do so.
john byrd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Seems that once again given the change to give in

put to owners that no one wants to do so.
problem with most track is they try to run two many class and the the track goes dry slick and raceing goes to I need to learn how to use big boy words like riverside last week
VJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest things to help a track for the racers and fans to appreciate the track and owner and in return the owner and track personnel appreciate the racers and fans . RACERS and Fans should not get on any forum or web site and bash a race track or its personnel if you don't like something go to the person you need to talk to face to face . Be a man about it
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is our semi annual how to fix what's wrong with racing thread???

Seems like you just started one of these earlier in the year Midget....
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john byrd wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

problem with most track is they try to run two many class and the the track goes dry slick and raceing goes to I need to learn how to use big boy words like riverside last week

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! If there are 70 cars in the pits, I would rather that be for three classes and not seven or eight. Way too many classes, and too long of a show. Put a good show in front of people and they'll come see it again. At least some of them will. This alone would fix what's wrong with weekly racing. The problem is, there is no promoter around that has enough sense to do it. Riverside will definetly have to be sold before anything can turn around.
Racinray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give free tickets out and bring new people in with them. Put on a good smooth running show that will make the new folks to want to come back.
john byrd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDirt wrote:
john byrd wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! If there are 70 cars in the pits, I would rather that be for three classes and not seven or eight. Way too many classes, and too long of a show. Put a good show in front of people and they'll come see it again. At least some of them will. This alone would fix what's wrong with weekly racing. The problem is, there is no promoter around that has enough sense to do it. Riverside will definetly have to be sold before anything can turn around.
amen brother
randall12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on this, The class count shouldn't matter. Look at Duck River, they have around 7 or 8 and still get out on a normal night around 11pm. ( you can call be bias if you would like). I work weekends 12 hours get off at 7pm and still bust my ass to get to the track every Saturday god willing. Hell they have even been moving drivers to the tail for not coming to the track on time to get the point across.

But on another note, I would advertise anywhere an everywhere I could. Have special nights maybe every week or every other week. Have a buy a ticket get the other half off or even buy 1 get 1 free occasionally. Even half priced concession nights would be a hit I think. Senior Discount night, Kids get in free with adult, honorary service member nights where service men and woman (including firefighters, police officers, first responders etc.) are recognized and get in free not just on veteran's or memorial day but on a regular night.

When fans can see that you appreciate them, they will come. No matter what the circumstances.

On a racers note, Spread the purse out every week. Have a special race for a different class every week. Also put incentives that pay more throughout the field, such as hard charger awards, move of the race, tough luck awards. (All given by small business sponsors that cannot afford to sponsor an entire race). Also having a series with your classes would be great also. Maybe a 5 race series with a separate points fund and awards for each of your classes. Yes this is going to cost a little more, but if you have the cars, you have the fans back as well so it would equal out. Not to mention sponsors would be lining up if advertisement is done correctly. Just take a look at what Whynot and Phillip Hathcock have accomplished in growing the street stock nationals. It definitely can be done.
flagman66

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess ill go ahead and stir the pot .i have absolutely no problem with the sale of beer .maybe move it to the west side only or section off a part for drinking beer .i have seen way to many over drinkers stumbling up and down the bleachers .not very family friendly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: