midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Martin Truex, Jr. WOW!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Martin Truex, Jr. WOW!!!!!! Reply with quote

I've long known that the #78 Furniture Row team and especially Martin Truex, Jr. were very special. They are a one car outfit and are based out of Denver, Colorado. Virtually every other cup team is based out of the Charlotte, North Carolina area. But they run like nothing that I've ever seen before. They kept the Furniture Row car in the spotlight all day long today. Fantastic!!!!!! I've heard Richard Childress and Richard Petty remark that only to qualify for a cup race costs around $250,000. Not everyone can afford that type expense just to make a show. My hat is completely off for the Furniture Row sponsorship and the Truex Team.

I might also point out that Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and Danica Patrick finished very well. The cup races were extremely good and the Xfinity races were a joy as well. I love NASCAR racing more now than ever. There's a lot happening these days in NASCAR racing.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truex was in another ZIP code last night. Some people would call that checking out! I agree that there's much good going on in NASCAR right now, and it looks like the crowds have started coming back too.
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to stupid azz psycho to brag about how good nascar is, the racing sucks, and by the way truex is not a single car team nor do they race out of Colorado anymore. Moron!
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="spec spoiler"]Leave it to stupid azz psycho to brag about how good nascar is, the racing sucks, and by the way truex is not a single car team nor do they race out of Colorado anymore. Moron![/qu

If you don't like NASCAR then don't watch it Einstein! Only this year has Furniture Row branched out to a second car. When they got successful with Truex they were a single car team. Does it really matter if they're based out of Colorado any more???
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nasty Joe I very rarely watch it. Your hero said it's single car team and it's not. He is a moron and always quick to flop his gums at everybody. So to you Joe F O.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec spoiler wrote:
Leave it to stupid azz psycho to brag about how good nascar is, the racing sucks, and by the way truex is not a single car team nor do they race out of Colorado anymore. Moron!

They do race out of the Denver area. Shop, crew and everything is there. Get equipment from JGR, who is WINLESS this year, and have won 3 races.

Please leave the alcohol in the fridge when posting. You really show your ignorance when you have been drinking.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDirt wrote:
Truex was in another ZIP code last night. Some people would call that checking out! I agree that there's much good going on in NASCAR right now, and it looks like the crowds have started coming back too.

I was there. Made it for all 3 races. Great action on the track and despite the bad weather Thur and Fri., the crowds were decent. Truex teamate finished in the top 10. Truex had such a huge lead it made it difficult to keep up with the lineup during pit stops. He would come out of the pits BEHIND cars and then you realized that he was close to lapping that car. I believe he lapped up to 9th place.

Excellent facility in Sparta if anyone is looking for a place to go for a race. 6 hours and all interstate there and back. My first time there but already made my reservations for next July. I have been to about 13 Nascar tracks and would put Sparta in the top 5 as far as comforts and fan friendliness.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec spoiler wrote:
Hey nasty Joe I very rarely watch it. Your hero said it's single car team and it's not. He is a moron and always quick to flop his gums at everybody. So to you Joe F O.

They became a front runner in NASCAR as a single car team the last several years. I'm quite sure that's what Psycho meant, but if you need us to slow it down a little more so you can understand it just let us know. Have a nice day!
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Martin Truex, Jr. WOW!!!!!! Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
I've long known that the #78 Furniture Row team and especially Martin Truex, Jr. were very special. They are a one car outfit and are based out of Denver, Colorado. Virtually every other cup team is based out of the Charlotte, North Carolina area. But they run like nothing that I've ever seen before. They kept the Furniture Row car in the spotlight all day long today. Fantastic!!!!!! I've heard Richard Childress and Richard Petty remark that only to qualify for a cup race costs around $250,000. Not everyone can afford that type expense just to make a show. My hat is completely off for the Furniture Row sponsorship and the Truex Team.

I might also point out that Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and Danica Patrick finished very well. The cup races were extremely good and the Xfinity races were a joy as well. I love NASCAR racing more now than ever. There's a lot happening these days in NASCAR racing.

It does seem kind of fishy.
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cars are raced out of nc.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec spoiler wrote:
The cars are raced out of nc.

How do you figure that? The shop and crew are in the Denver area. The chassis and engines are from Gibbs but the cars are maintained at the 78 shop. Way different than the 21 Woods Bro. cars. Their cars are at the Penske shop from the get go. Just toured Gibbs shop 6 weeks ago and there isn't a 78 car to be seen.
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were there early this year at Gibbs shop and the 77 and 78 cars were there
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec spoiler wrote:
We were there early this year at Gibbs shop and the 77 and 78 cars were there

They were not there when I was there maybe they were when you were. Either way, the 78 and 77 are running great and JGR is winless. If anyone argues that the reason Furniture Row is up frt is because of Gibbs, why is Gibbs winless while the 78 nearly lapped the field last race. Truex is leading in segment points and is the class of many races. Jones is a win waiting to happen.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you don't know but the lil' spec spoiler is a jerk every time he posts anything about anything. He really doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. What he is really tore up about is that I mentioned Danica Patrick in that post. He has his problems with women, obviously. Maybe he needs to get himself a little sensitivity training?
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Many of you don't know but the lil' spec spoiler is a jerk every time he posts anything about anything. He really doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. What he is really tore up about is that I mentioned Danica Patrick in that post. He has his problems with women, obviously. Maybe he needs to get himself a little sensitivity training?

Maybe he just needs to get a woman?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: