midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Roush Yates Racing Engines Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Eckies
Country Pleasin' Sausage Your Ad Smileys Racing Products
NeSmith Apparel

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

A New Beginning - Arkadelphia Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArkadelphiaPR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: A New Beginning - Arkadelphia Speedway Reply with quote

Arkadelphia Speedway A New Beginning

Breman, AL (November 8, 2013) – The Norman Racing Family of Garden City, Alabama is proud to announce the opening of the New Arkadelphia Speedway, LLC (formally River Valley Speedway). Arkadelphia Speedway will open its gates in the spring of 2014.

Gene Norman is well known around the dirt racing community, his son Sam is a second generation dirt racer himself. Karen, Gene's wife and Sam's Mom is also an integral part of the Norman Racing Family. Gene has elected to hang up his drivers shoes and gloves to focus on the success of Arkadelphia Speedway. They are excited about the potential that the speedway holds. The new promoters want the track to be family friendly, where every member can come and have a good time and be entertained. The track will run weekly shows on Saturday evenings, from early spring until fall. The Norman Racing Family wants the 2014 season to be successful, therefore divisions and rules will be posted on our website: www.arkadelphiaspeedway.com in the coming days. Also a Facebook page has been added that will be up dated on a daily basis with information about the events and feature winner photos. A race hot line has also been established to also allow fans and drivers to contact the promoter's, (256) 595-1308. We are working on recruiting our staff and proud to announce that Robert Bradford AKA "Catsvoice" will be our voice and announcer. We would like to thank you in advance for your support in the 2014 season for the new beginning at the brand new Arkadelphia Speedway, "The smoothest track in the South!"
Muffler Magic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Ok [all you Na-sayers] this is a brand new POST. Even if U don't have one nickle invisted, be sure to jump on here and start telling the good people how to handel their baby. Ever DRIVER in all classes think the fan comes just because he is there, wrong. The FANS pay to be intertained. Rolling Eyes I don't know these people, but I wish them luck and success. Wink Harold Barton
Hook's Dirt Track Review

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will...you know that. Rolling Eyes

It's up to the good promoter ... or any new promoter or old one for that matter ... to sift through all the 'input' and pick out what will work for their situation. You need a good balance between the local/short term and big picture/long term thinking. Some of what every new promoter will here from his local drivers -- whom you know will be there to support the track every week therefore they must be the most important person there to listen to, right? -- is going to be self-serving 'what-you-should-do-is...-es'.

That'll keep those 10-12 car classes that a "thousand people want to see every week" Confused going and will also keep the promoter revolving door going year after year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are glad to see a Christian family promoting the track, the Normans are great people, and I know Jesus will be the centerpiece of their involvement of Arkadelphia Speedway, thanks guys for giving this place a chance again.
53fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not telling them how to run it, just hope they make it. Went there with a friend when they had a special on a Sunday after TST had a race on Sat. night, and stopped in there on the way to Columbus for a regular show on a Friday when they ran supers weekly. Did not hurt a tire or a piece of equipment either time. It's in a tough spot geographically, but it was smooth as glass and racy both times I've been there.

Best of luck to them.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, only the very best to all involved, this should really be a great place to race for the drivers and the fans too.

Late Model Mark
catsvoice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to be a part of this effort!
Steven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it going to be a Nesmith sanction track?
MR DIRTBEARD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news, for a change. It's great to hear something positive about the dirt racing scene in north ALA. Best of wish's to you Gean. Steven to answer your question ,Gean told me the plan was not to go nesmith, but nesmith legal cars would be legal under thier rules.
Steven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool I was just wondering because the cars that run for weekly points it's nice to have options like if it looks like rain somewhere or just a change of scenery. Thanks
Russ Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Dirtbeard, you would be correct. It will not be Nesmith sanctioned, but Nesmith cars would be legal for Super Street.
NAS Twin1brit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Proud to hear!!! Reply with quote

Proud to hear you guys will be running the place& to have no one better than our own Mr Catsvoice behind the microphone!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
catsvoice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pay you when I see you Brittany! Wink

Thanks!!!
free-bird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish they would Nesmith sanction track for street stock cars. i think steven is talking about nesmith late mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: