midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Roush Yates Racing Engines Dirt Heads Your Ad
I-30 New Vision Eckies
Country Pleasin' Sausage Ace Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products
NeSmith World Championship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

MS Street Stock/Super Street Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSSS

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btt
srt33

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: tb82 Reply with quote

Trey you know you got to save us a parking space or two if you get there before we do for these events pretty sure the old dear me 45 Biscuit will be all in on this as well!!!! heck we will have a series in a series between our little group LOL....
srt33

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: congrates to 2 of next years MSSS competitors Reply with quote

Just want to Congratulate two of the driver's that have committed to compete in the MSSS next year......Mindi Sisson and Trey Bright both won their feature event's last night at Whynot Motor Sports Park in the big Nesmith Memeorial Day Weekend Salute to the Armed force's Special event!!!!!!!
Whynot Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STR racecars is currently building its first housecar in ten years. We hope to have it ready by the Sept. street special at Whynot Motorsports Park.
STR will support and participate on a full race schedule and look forward to racing with the best of the best in 2013.

Sincerely: James and Corey Murphy
[url]WhynotMotorSportsPark.com[/url]

STR "Racecars That Win"
Whynot Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a seperate note we would like to also congradulate Trey Bright on job well done Sat. at Whynot.
benzbuilder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Street stock Reply with quote

The #12 Jones Motersports monte Carlo will commit to it as well. I thought we had something for Trey Saturday night until our little electrical issue. My hats off to Trey your a class act and nice guy to talk to congrats on the win but I will get you next time. Lol
MSSS

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are going good with the series so far. Looks like the drivers are excited and we are making good progress with the tracks. Hopefully the website will be up in a few weeks and we can provide the best rules package possible.
srt33

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: msss Reply with quote

Mindi Sisson Racing 33M will no longer be putting up 25.00 for hard charger as previously stated..Smile..Instead we are raising the Hard Charger award to 50.00 per race for the 8 race serie's.Yes we are looking forward to seeing this serie's come to life.It will not only be good for the street stock class but also good for all the track's involved.........Should make for some great racing action Smile
MSSS

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sir.

We appreciate your support and cannot wait until 2013.
birdmanracing911

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: series Reply with quote

I am 100% interested in helping make this series work, but, the tire rule is going to be a major issue for several. I personally would like to see a one tire rule for the series, no matter which tracks we run at. I don't care which tire or rim is chosen but its gonna be tough to buy 14" aluminum rims and late model tires for hattiesburg, 10" steel wheels and EC-1 tires for Greenville and then G-60 and 8" wheels for other tracks. I've heard the argument on here that a G60 has won before at hattiesburg and Pike. Well let me tell you the truth about that. If 24 of the fastest street stocks in the south show up at hattiesburg for a series event, the top ten will be on big tires and rims. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that an 8" steel wheel and G60 tire can run with a 14' aluminum rim and late model tire. Even stepping down to the 10" wheel and EC tire would be a disadvantage. I'm saying this because I have raced at every track in the state, on every tire made, and the big tires and wheels dominate the small tires and wheels when all the rest of the playing field is equal. It would be ok to have the whole series on big tires, but, I still feel that a 1 tire rule (no matter what the tire is) is better than having to buy 3 complete sets of wheels and tires for only an 8 race series. It has nothing to do with the tracks, Hattiesburg has obviously got it going on with their SS class, as well as Pike, Greenville, Whynot, Magnolia, Columbus and Jackson. You just limit the number of people that can race at your track when you have a different set of rules than the rest. No one track is right or wrong, nor better or worse than the others, only different. I, for one, wish all the MS tracks would get on the same tire rule where we could race at any track in the state and only have to buy one set of rims for the year. The SLM classes all run the same rim, the modifieds all run the same rim, why can't the street classes all run the same rim(whatever size it may be). I think I have a car that can compete at any track in the state but I'm not gonna cut my fenders up to my trunk to go run hattiesburg or Pike twice a year when I can race all year at JMS, Columbus, Magnolia or Whynot on one set of rims and tires. Good Luck and I have some sponsorships available for this series if the rules are beneficial to all cars throughout the state. Good luck and thanks for the attempt at making it work.
Steve Peacock
601-201-3289
moparallen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: series Reply with quote

birdmanracing911 wrote:
I am 100% interested in helping make this series work, but, the tire rule is going to be a major issue for several. I personally would like to see a one tire rule for the series, no matter which tracks we run at. I don't care which tire or rim is chosen but its gonna be tough to buy 14" aluminum rims and late model tires for hattiesburg, 10" steel wheels and EC-1 tires for Greenville and then G-60 and 8" wheels for other tracks. I've heard the argument on here that a G60 has won before at hattiesburg and Pike. Well let me tell you the truth about that. If 24 of the fastest street stocks in the south show up at hattiesburg for a series event, the top ten will be on big tires and rims. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that an 8" steel wheel and G60 tire can run with a 14' aluminum rim and late model tire. Even stepping down to the 10" wheel and EC tire would be a disadvantage. I'm saying this because I have raced at every track in the state, on every tire made, and the big tires and wheels dominate the small tires and wheels when all the rest of the playing field is equal. It would be ok to have the whole series on big tires, but, I still feel that a 1 tire rule (no matter what the tire is) is better than having to buy 3 complete sets of wheels and tires for only an 8 race series. It has nothing to do with the tracks, Hattiesburg has obviously got it going on with their SS class, as well as Pike, Greenville, Whynot, Magnolia, Columbus and Jackson. You just limit the number of people that can race at your track when you have a different set of rules than the rest. No one track is right or wrong, nor better or worse than the others, only different. I, for one, wish all the MS tracks would get on the same tire rule where we could race at any track in the state and only have to buy one set of rims for the year. The SLM classes all run the same rim, the modifieds all run the same rim, why can't the street classes all run the same rim(whatever size it may be). I think I have a car that can compete at any track in the state but I'm not gonna cut my fenders up to my trunk to go run hattiesburg or Pike twice a year when I can race all year at JMS, Columbus, Magnolia or Whynot on one set of rims and tires. Good Luck and I have some sponsorships available for this series if the rules are beneficial to all cars throughout the state. Good luck and thanks for the attempt at making it work.
Steve Peacock
601-201-3289

I agree with the one tire rule.....
Racing by Faith, honestly everything we do is by Faith
MSSS

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve for your post.

We would love for the series to be a one tire rule. It would make things alot easier.

We will be working hard this summer to put together a rules package that will work for everyone. This is why we are starting so early. Just hang in there with us and lets make this happen.
Kickazzfan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea 1 tire rule for the series. We have a couple of SS cars interested too! It wouldn't hurt to try to post the rest of the rules as soon as you can.
MSSS

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be an announcement when the website is up, and that will be when we release the rules. I can tell you this. The rule package will be where Super Streets/Street stocks from Jackson, Greenville, Hattisburg, Pike, WHynot, and Columbus can compete. That is our goal. Will the rules make everyone happy. Probally not, but it will be a set of rules that will be simple and easy to tech.

Still hoping to have a single tire rule.
jman20

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Steve. I have a car that is competitive at any track in the state as long as we are on the same tire but I am not going to buy three different size wheels and tires for 8 races. I am glad someone is attempting a series for the street stock class. I will be in as long as there is a 1 tire rule. Again I appreciate someone thinking about the street stock class and a series would be great. I think Mississippi has some of the fastest street stocks around and it would be great to race all of the good cars from all around!

Jesse Beck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: