midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
67 Speedway George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Moulton: Race Monitor Results (SLM Remarks added)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Moulton: Race Monitor Results (SLM Remarks added) Reply with quote

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/113956 The SLM feature is listed on race monitor with all info. Important Notes about the race. On the start, pole sitter #16 Seawright got the jump on #5 RJ (RJ started the 604s slow and fair at the marker in that Crate race) but failed to start with eager Seawright, allowing #15 Hanger in T2 to push on #5 RJ, thus a new restart. Lap 33, #16m Miller blew a rear tire on the front straight away and got into the wall at T1 taking #18 and #B44 with him. Late in the race, #21G (outside) and #27 (inside) blocked the leaders ignoring the move over flag. Finally, #27 moved to the outside and #21G outran the leaders. I think #21G was from Rome GA and just showed up during the main feature starting in the back among the 16 cars. It was a one lane bottom feeding track, follow the leader but Hanger did stay close to Seawright the winner during the frosty cold night.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that Moulton had to deal with. They ran 4 small car features first that took about 3 hours with about 40 cautions, with features timing out at one hour each not reaching max laps. Moulton froze the fans to death, running the larger cars last. It took 6 hours to run ONLY 6 or 7 features with a huge amount of cautions, wrecks, spinouts, and delayed lineup issues, and ran out of transponders thus some manual lineups. Not Good for fans in freezing cold, a lot families left early before the late models.
3 wide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sad to say but this happens a lot too many classes on probably a poorly prepared track that caused all the cautions but run the big race first.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid of the race taken long. It happens, I would have started hot laps no later than 4:00pm. Run any B mains next then have the supers first up. Being as cold as it was it most likely hurt the crowd count. This time of year with football and racers low on bank also contributes to car counts. No offense to any up there just an experienced guy from years up in the tower, and this is respectful, constructive thoughts, the organization needs to be tightened up as well as quickening the pace of the event and clean up.

I get this is the first year for Keith and Amanda and they will now have 1 year under their belts and continue to strive to improve, like we all do. These 2 hard working fine folks deserve a big pat on the ol back for bringing back Moulton with good ideas.

The length of the show however needs to be shortened, especially when cold.

LMM
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing pains are expected. They did the best at that time with what was handed to them.....Interesting things did happened: NO COOLERS ALLOWED- they ask for you to buy their drinks and food; The flagman threw a caution because "he got hit with a rock"; plus an 'one lap to start flag' shown and a 'green flag' waved to race with the yellow light still on (one fan called for the flagman to be fired); The announcer stated, '"We need to take 5 minutes to figure out what to do" when he stated before to leaving fans, "Don't leave yet"; Line ups took forever.....
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super glad to see Moulton run supers this year. Hate I didn't get to go down there at watch them. I do know that Moulton's normal flagman was out of town so take it easy on his one off replacement. Hopefully this leads to more super races in the future down there.
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawson0610 wrote:
Super glad to see Moulton run supers this year. Hate I didn't get to go down there at watch them. I do know that Moulton's normal flagman was out of town so take it easy on his one off replacement. Hopefully this leads to more super races in the future down there.

Thanks for the kind words. We do appreciate that.
Amandasteele9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthAlabama wrote:
Growing pains are expected. They did the best at that time with what was handed to them.....Interesting things did happened: NO COOLERS ALLOWED- they ask for you to buy their drinks and food; The flagman threw a caution because "he got hit with a rock"; plus an 'one lap to start flag' shown and a 'green flag' waved to race with the yellow light still on (one fan called for the flagman to be fired); The announcer stated, '"We need to take 5 minutes to figure out what to do" when he stated before to leaving fans, "Don't leave yet"; Line ups took forever.....

May I ask who you are?
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawson, you are being near sighted. For it is NOT ok to take it easy on a flagman who make serious errors that can result in injuries or death. The agreement that drivers sign does not protect the flagman nor Amanda from being sued for millions (which would shut down the track and make Amanda's life hell) due to the flagman making a simple stupid error......In the past, for Moulton's fans that were not there, a person was on the flag stand was making continuous serious errors with his son on the stand with him (stupid safety move) caused a car to row and flip (not to hit other that has stopped suddenly in front him) on the back stretch due to this flagman's stupid errors (I think the flagman threw a red light that was not called for, the wrong switch). Flagmen are NOT allowed to make errors. Safety is most important....

Last edited by NorthAlabama on Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda, the business banners on the fence is a great ideal (mo-money), also the poster board with the lineups posted was nice, plus the half-off food. Keep striving, but do limit that flagman and the man with the mic (they make to many errors and are not professional) to toilet cleanup.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMM (Mark), Moulton needs an announcer and you are the one to fill that spot. You can help push the owner (he won't put money into the track) to invest money back into the score board to get it working again like when Sparks and you were there, also an updated split PA, one for the fans and one for the pits. I think you can help Moulton out in many other ways.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the props NA.

LMM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: