midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

NASCAR gets Tough. Solution or can of worms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: NASCAR gets Tough. Solution or can of worms Reply with quote

NASCAR has announced they will start disqualifying race winners who fail post-race inspection.

Depending on how they implement the rule it could be a solution to a lot of problems or it can become a can of worms that no one wanted to open.

While ride height can get your DQ'ed having one or two missing lug nuts cannot.

Sure it is good to check the 1st and 2nd place cars and a handful of random cars. But what if both the first and 2nd place car fail and the 3rd place is not one of the randomly selected cars?

What about short track racing where beating and banging often change the car appearance but not affect performance?

Good, they finally going to take some kind of action. But will wonder how long before the sheet hits the fan when a fan favorite is DQed for a minor violation.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/nascar-will-disqualify-winners-for-failing-post-race-inspection-at-track/comment-page-1/#comment-28835
Oldfart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rule will be strictly enforced and then at some point, they will back down and go in another direction. I imagine if it got down to 3rd place, that car will be inspected. I will be in Daytona in time for the 125's and am ready to see 4 days of excitement.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought that they were too lax on that. Yeah, someone's illegal disqualify them. I also think it should be a penalty or disqualification if someone spins someone out to pass for the lead. Not a bump and run but an intentional spin or a bump and run that goes too far. Earnhardt probably wouldn't have 2/3 of his wins if they had done that during his career...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: