midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

North Alabama Speedway Trying to Bring Back Weekly Supers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3 wide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess nobody is interested in a simple formula that would please everybody from fans to promoter to drivers everybody makes money an everybody goes home happy every week and I'll show it too you free it's simple I'm not selling anything I'm just a fan.
Doc88D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone keeps bringing up a series. Series this and series that. Do ya'll not remember when the SRRS was developed? That was the beginning of the decline of the weekly super count in this area. When the series loads up and takes cars to another track, it hurts the show at the weekly track. This area DOES NOT have enough supers to support any kind of series. Lets let the man concentrate on building his weekly program, at his track, with his rules...
wrabb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít think we need another touring series (SLM or Crate) but a group like UMP who could create a uniform set of rules so you could run any sanctioned track in the region while also pooling funds and attracting sponsors to be able to offer a better payout to the racers would benefit all involved
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrabb wrote:
I donít think we need another touring series (SLM or Crate) but a group like UMP who could create a uniform set of rules so you could run any sanctioned track in the region while also pooling funds and attracting sponsors to be able to offer a better payout to the racers would benefit all involved

This is what I was talking about. I agree we don't need another touring series, but a weekly series could get some of these guys that are running crate now back to running supers. I'm sure you could get enough tracks around here to hop on board and try it out. You already have Duck River, TST, North Alabama, Moulton, Fort Payne that i can think of running super at least every other week.
Like I said in an earlier post a lot of these crate guys have the money and resources to go super racing, there's just not many tracks giving them a place to run. I'm not 100% sure how you could do it, but it'd be cool if someone tried this idea out.
Down-N-DirtyRacing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what he is doing by trying to do it biweekly and I like that he is doing it as a series type deal with money at the end of it. I don't like some of the rule restriction. The shocks and tire rule is going to hurt them I think. I am fine with the weight and blade rules. This it should be a true SLM with a hard and soft tire compound for Hoosier and American and take the shock and spring rule out. Guys have already bought or have those from this past year and are most likely not going to by a new set for a biweekly deal. Love the idea, but needs to be changed.
floater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not take the 3 and 4 street stock classes ,give them 8, 10 ,12 ,inch spoilers and run them all together ,sounds to me it would be the same thing as you want to do to late models .J M O
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when street stocks get down to 3 or 4 cars they may have to give them spoilers and combine them. 12 inch spoilers have been in slm racing for years, it's nothing new.
lmned10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Southern All Star race at North Alabama this year due to his so called super deal, we will see how this works out!
3 wide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an easier way.
DUN1AGAIN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please 3 wide, tell us the better way. Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you.
d-glenn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: NAS Reply with quote

mcj88 wrote:
Super latemodel take butts in the bleachers so are the fans gonna come out or continue to gripe why there are not any? Have seen some great SLM racing at that track a few years ago even the MSCCS.
Very Happy

Don't forget the Lucas Oil race, where Freddy Smith won. Of all the tracks I have been, NAS is my favorite...Always great racing...
lmned10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NAS Reply with quote

d-glenn wrote:
mcj88 wrote:
Super latemodel take butts in the bleachers so are the fans gonna come out or continue to gripe why there are not any? Have seen some great SLM racing at that track a few years ago even the MSCCS.
Very Happy

Don't forget the Lucas Oil race, where Freddy Smith won. Of all the tracks I have been, NAS is my favorite...Always great racing...

That is right got to have the butts in the seats to make the supers work and this deal will not IMO bring in the fans. Nobody has any of that left now and you are working with sportsman and limited cars and those that still have a SAS/SUPR spec. I don't care who they bring in SAS was last group through there just got to bring in supers and not limiteds with outdated rules
3 wide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I could but I could do it a lot easier in person it's a lot of typing on here because everybody is going to have questions but I can explain but it shows how to pay for everything and have a big race every Saturday night you have to give people a reason to come to your race track and one of the things I like about it most is you don't waste a lot of money on advertising.
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 why are u so against spoilers?
grt32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the guys that are against 12 inch spoilers are the ones that cant bolt one on with spec motor and keep up , they want to out spend the others on engines and hope they can out dollar the others, that's what has happened to supers in this area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: