midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

TNR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
54racing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: TNR Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of track bashing, but I think everyone should know what kind of guy is running TNR. First off I will say there was a good car count and the track was in decent condition considering it was a daytime race. I will also say that I think the big 10 officials did a good job. That's where the positives end.
With the big car count the pits filled up and several racers had to pit in the parking lot along with all the fans vehicles. There was no one to direct traffic or help with parking so it turned into a mess to say the least. From where we were pitted it was like a maze for our drivers to get to the track. Some people were promised reserved parking pads then got to the track to find out that they didn't have one but were still charged $25 to park on the gravel way down in the corner of the pits.
The promoter was very rude during the drivers meeting (which he did over the PA system so everybody in the grandstands could hear) bragging about how he had everyone's money.
I saw 2 young boys come up to ask him a question and again he was very rude with them. There were banners hanging all along the fence in front of the stands so anyone sitting in the bottom few rows couldn't see half of the track. When people complained about the banners instead of doing something to help or saying sorry we can't move them now but we'll do something different next time, this guy has some smart mouth answer and says if you can't see move to the top. I'm in a wheelchair so I said yeah let me just walk on up there. He grabbed my arm and said we'll get you up there in a little bit then walked off.
Later on I guess someone cut the ties on some of the banners so that they could see and he goes down and starts cussing them and grabbed a young girl by the arm. Well, I guess he picked the wrong people to mouth off to this time because some guy came from about the 3rd row like a spider monkey and took him to the ground. After that I just saw a big pile of people on the ground fighting until someone finally got there to break it up. Almost everyone in the area said he had it coming so that says a lot about the guy.
Since Saturday he has gotten in every argument he could find on facebook and been very rude to fans and drivers. I've heard that he shoved a driver twice who came into the press box to simply ask why the drivers in the parking lot weren't notified when their class was being called to the track. I even read a post that said he came in the women's bathroom with women and little girls in there.
I know people complain about track bashing, and I really don't like it either, but I'd rather see a track sit idle than someone like this to run it. He has no business being a track promoter!
floater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT BASHING TO ME ,SOUNDS LIKE YOU GAVE A REVUE OF THE PLACE ,JUST LIKE PEOPLE DO WITH RESTURANTS .I FOR ONE AM GLAD TO KNOW WHAT MAY BE HAPPENING AT TNR

OH DONT BELIEVE I WILL BE GOING THERE
J. M. O .
WALLY WALLS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there,and I have to agree with 54. that track does have potential though.
Earnhardt3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the signs that were being cut down was one of the track Sponsors for the year that is paying big money and before a person just start cutting them down they should ask before just doing it on their on. I'm sure anyone that paying big money as a sponsor wouldn't want there's cut down either. I'm not saying that the promoter handled the situation the right way or not but he has good potential for TNR. But hell what tracks dont have fights, If you can't give a good ass whoppin or take a good ass whoopin you need to stay home.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earnhardt3 wrote:
I think the signs that were being cut down was one of the track Sponsors for the year that is paying big money and before a person just start cutting them down they should ask before just doing it on their on. I'm sure anyone that paying big money as a sponsor wouldn't want there's cut down either. I'm not saying that the promoter handled the situation the right way or not but he has good potential for TNR. But hell what tracks dont have fights, If you can't give a good ass whoppin or take a good ass whoopin you need to stay home.

A track which puts money ahead of the fans will soon have neither.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midgeroo, once again I have to agree with you 100%. That said, I do understand why tracks sell banner and poster space. For a little while Riverside put their banners behind the top seats in the grandstands. That worked out perfectly for the fans and the track.
hummer fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the same one is going to run the paducah track will not be going there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: