midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Late Model Mark has right idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Late Model Mark has right idea Reply with quote

We quite often hear drivers interviewed but not often do we hear fans interviewed. Late Model Mark at Talladega Short Track interviews fans before the races start up each night (I think he said it was called 'interview ambush'). I think this a great idea and it was highly entertaining as I listened out at my camp Friday & Saturday night this past weekend which was a stone's throw from the track..they have a good PA system unlike some other tracks.His personality makes this really good so that's probably one of the keys to why I liked it so much. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Late Model Mark-sorry I didn't make it in on time to come meet you Sat night,we got back from big track a lil late & run late cooking,I hate it but I will catch you next time for sure!! Looks like things got a little hairy in that one cooking/food trailer on Fri night,those were some huge flames till they got it put out Shocked
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir, I really get a kick out of talking to all the fans with the interview ambush. Very Happy We did have some PA issues on Sat night but it worked out ok. Got a spankin' new grill for Saturdays action. Thank you for coming, I really appreciate the nice words. PM me next time ya come down, it will be on me, tix, pit passes, tower, and so on. Thank you!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late_Model_Mark wrote:
Thank you sir, I really get a kick out of talking to all the fans with the interview ambush. Very Happy We did have some PA issues on Sat night but it worked out ok. Got a spankin' new grill for Saturdays action. Thank you for coming, I really appreciate the nice words. PM me next time ya come down, it will be on me, tix, pit passes, tower, and so on. Thank you!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Your the man! Very Happy Enjoyed the whole weekend,Alabama people treat this ole Arkansas guy real good every time I come,thank you sir
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talladega track is just a bit too far for me but me, my uncle and my brother-in-law have made the drive many times. I've been to 2 Nascar races there but I've also been to about 40 Saturday night short track races. I love the short track. And when I see Late Model Mark making a post here I always see what he is saying.

I'm usually pretty handy around a racetrack and have been offered free admissions several times, even season passes. I've never took anyone up on those free tickets. If I can't come up with $20 or so to see some good racing then I shouldn't have been there to start with. And if the kids or the drivers come into the stands for whatever charity they are collecting for I always make my best and honest contribution. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PsychoTrack"]Talladega track is just a bit too far for me but me, my uncle and my brother-in-law have made the drive many times. I've been to 2 Nascar races there but I've also been to about 40 Saturday night short track races. I love the short track. And when I see Late Model Mark making a post here I always see what he is saying.

I'm usually pretty handy around a racetrack and have been offered free admissions several times, even season passes. I've never took anyone up on those free tickets. If I can't come up with $20 or so to see some good racing then I shouldn't have been there to start with. And if the kids or the drivers come into the stands for whatever charity they are collecting for I always make my best and honest contribution. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!![/quote

I agree Psycho,the racing is incredible at TST..I'm a sprint car guy but the late models put on a show there with very little stoppage in any of the classes. I seen all of the Outlaws races there in the early 2000's,the speed & racing was unbelievable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: