midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

BRING RIVERSIDE BACK (suggestions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortstroke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good ideal on the draw but they can't get the lineups right now they sure could not that away He needs to advertise and a lot
Bebo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I posted last year under the same basic topic.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:43 pm Post subject:
It isn't like the Field of Dreams quote "If you build it, they will come." You have to get the people there then give them a show that will bring them back. When the spectator count is down you have to do something to get them back and try to wow them again. I understand that the tracks also have to have cars there for the spectators to see. Now I will say I do not visit my local track like I used to. I used to go weekly but the product changed and I am not a fan of the new product. I still revisit on occasion to see if things have changed but when the dust starts to fly and the cars dive to the bottom I get ready to go. I have not completed the features in awhile. Just my take.

I haven't been to a single race this year because things did not change last year. I still believe if they put water on the track "soaked in" not just couple of passes with the water truck racing will improve and a tacky track provides more speed and less spin outs which will expedite the night. I will come see how things are next race.
Green13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's two lone voices crying for more water in the wilderness-
thanks Bebo..
watchemgofast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green13 wrote:
thanks Bebo..

Incorrect,3 lone voices crying for more water,I agree & 100% support every syllable of both of your post
Green13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchemgofast wrote:
Green13 wrote:
thanks Bebo..

Incorrect,3 lone voices crying for more water,I agree & 100% support every syllable of both of your post

Thank you sir - now, if only someone would listen...
pitman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree more water, and not just on the top
NATHAN BROWN 3N

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill say this ive raced there for the past 22 years and i would bet every dollar i have to my name . that if you were to take a poll and ask each fan one by one as they came trough the gate which they prefer (dry slick or heavy /muddy ) i would say it would be 90 % to 10 % for heavy /muddy . you would also need to ask the other 50% of the fans that no longer come to the track just for that reason . like it or not riverside fans want mud . not dust . i dont miss cleaning all that gumbo off my car thats for sure but i do miss the packed stands . as a driver it doesnt matter to me either way as long as its not one grove follow the leader racing .but the diehard riverside fans are use to a fast heavy race track hands down . the problem with riverside being heavy these days is its hammer down and one grove i dont know how to fix that but i promise you somebody does because before they quit parking in the infield we had half the racing surface because of the inside guardrail but the track was always heavy and you would see 2 and 3 wide racing every sat night . my best advice would be listen to the fans over everyone else because without them the track cant survive .
NATHAN BROWN 3N

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just believe at riverside the fans dont like change , they want what they are use to seeing . and me personally i would run 360 sprints and super latemodels every sat night .
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with you on these issues, Mr. Brown. Only one caveat. I could stand whatever the condition of the track might be but RIS is known nationwide as a dust free track. We've had far too many dusty nights in the last few years. Also and whatever it takes, get the right cars back ie. true super late models and the 360s. I also love the stock cars but most of the other classes can take a hike. No mini-sprints, no modifieds, get the picture? Thank you for your contribution on this subject, Mr. Brown.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
I agree 100% with you on these issues, Mr. Brown. Only one caveat. I could stand whatever the condition of the track might be but RIS is known nationwide as a dust free track. We've had far too many dusty nights in the last few years. Also and whatever it takes, get the right cars back ie. true super late models and the 360s. I also love the stock cars but most of the other classes can take a hike. No mini-sprints, no modifieds, get the picture? Thank you for your contribution on this subject, Mr. Brown.

Question is could you bring in enough people by bringing back the 360s regularly to cover $5,000 a week? Sure you will see more fans but will it be enough to add another $5,000 to the gate. The reduced purse for the 360 was around $5,000. Bringing back the supers would add another $2,500 to the overhead each week. So the idea of bring back the 360s and the Supers would add around $7,000 to the weekly operational cost.

There is a question is if the track could being in enough people with these changes to cover the increase in cost.
shortstroke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nathan just about a 100% and Psycho and the midget also but , Nathan will have to agree with me on this the cars ,shocks and tires have changed over the past few years and it makes it tuff to make these cars react to a heavy (muddy) track . The track don't have to be throwing mud at mid night Tommy and I have raced there 40 plus years and it use to be more than one groove and that is what everybody is missing . And bringing the 360s would be great but the super late model I'm not sure about not really enough places to run justifying to cost of owning one If the crates were done a little different it would be a lot better class Advertising is some of the answer everybody would be surprised how many people walk in our shop everyday of the week and says is the old place still open .
john byrd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortstroke wrote:
I agree with Nathan just about a 100% and Psycho and the midget also but , Nathan will have to agree with me on this the cars ,shocks and tires have changed over the past few years and it makes it tuff to make these cars react to a heavy (muddy) track . The track don't have to be throwing mud at mid night Tommy and I have raced there 40 plus years and it use to be more than one groove and that is what everybody is missing . And bringing the 360s would be great but the super late model I'm not sure about not really enough places to run justifying to cost of owning one If the crates were done a little different it would be a lot better class Advertising is some of the answer everybody would be surprised how many people walk in our shop everyday of the week and says is the old place still open .
Embarassed run 4 class 360 sprints mim sprints stock cars late models
that would give everyone a chance to grow in to a diff class . if they want to. water the track get thing running and go home before the next day
RicHoodfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after what I saw Friday night I don't know any one thing can stop the bleeding I've been going to races for 50 years and Friday night something was different. I didn't even want to be there after 30 minutes. Maybe reach out to a survey company and solicit responses. Price maybe, like others said I drive 2 hrs to get there so getting home at 2 in the morning is not good. I hate it, it was the Mecca of racing for along time. 1 suggestion is pay for some big names in the sport to show up, schrader, Wallace,
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverside tends to attract very strong cars with their Sprint and occasionally Super Late Models. Riverside certainly has plenty of local talent in both of those classes. RUN THEM. When I say no dust I am not talking about muddy. Riverside has run for decades without dust or mud either. This is not complicated. The dirt at Riverside is well known for it's consistency in track surface conditions. For whatever reasons the last few years have been lacking in track surface conditions. Riverside doesn't seem to be dusty or muddy but it does get rather gritty sometimes. I keep hoping for a return to the track surfaces that I grew up experiencing. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!
VJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs somebody that cares to work the surface and promotes the track
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: