midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Eckies
Country Pleasin' Sausage Your Ad Smileys Racing Products
NeSmith Apparel

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Video of big wreck in Limited Late Models at TNR Ssaturday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc88D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Video of big wreck in Limited Late Models at TNR Ssaturday Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/9fYN3fTaL4M

This video was submitted by the 65 team that it shows that the 102 ran into the 65. My take is that the 102 cleared the 65 and executed a clean slide job. Then the 65 drove up under the 102 and continued to drive through the 102, causing a big wreck.

I am open to opinions from others on this as I am the owner of the 102 and may be looking at it from one side...
Green13

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My take is that the 102 cleared the 65 and executed a clean slide job."

Just BARELY... I don't think 102 hit 65...but it was doggone close.
65 should have either let off, or drove down further to avoid contact as he repassed 102.

JMHO...
creighto

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you even call that a slide job! 102 had the pole and was never behind going into the curve. From someone on the outside looking in that is all on the 65.
creighto

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny I was going to watch it again and the guys deleted it.
Doc88D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 65 team have removed the video. I guess they didn't like the opinions they were getting...
Doc88D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/iiqO0g20770

Here is the on board video of the same wreck. It is not as clear as the first one posted by the 65 team. However you can still see the black 65 car drive through the 102 as well as the mess that it caused.

http://youtu.be/zo-EYjJooro

An this is the tracks official video of the wreck
DRTsupporter

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it happen in person and on video from two different cameras. 102 had lead and slid up in front clear of all cars. 65 chose to hold his car open and drive under the 102 and lift it up and turn it and never let out. Its clear on video 65 was in the bars and in the gas from initial contact up until he turned the 102 around. 102 was clearly leader and could move wherever he wanted. Doesn't give the 65 the right to wreck him for moving up the track with a slide job. If you remember it was the 65 the who flipped the c66 opening weekend this year by spinning him on the back stretch the same way. The track should suspend him or probation him imo
Izzy Legal

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRTsupporter, you and I were watching the same race. That's exactly how I described it on the other post about this...
wilk35

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Jmo Reply with quote

This is just my opinion...looks like the blue car should of held his line at least out of turn 2 and then if he wanted to move up he should have then...when u park that rear end up in front of a man,better make sure u have him cleared or that lil tap will happen every time...did they do a complete restart? If the blue car wanted to run the outside he should have chose the outside...looks like just one of them race deals...
inone

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilk35 that was exactly my point.. to me it does look like the 102 cleared and the 65 drove up into him but why even "slide job" someone on 1st corner knowing the entire field right behind you? You think you have someone cleared but what if that was not the case. I have seen it before and end up in same results...I feel front 2 were way to aggressive to start the race....I know racing is racing but I do know most drivers like to take care of their equipment...oh well...what do I know about racing until I finally get "inone"......I feel for the ones fixing their cars this week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: