midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Eckies
Country Pleasin' Sausage Your Ad Smileys Racing Products
NeSmith Apparel

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Outlaw Vintage of West TN to be at Thunderhill July 16th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B car Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Outlaw Vintage of West TN to be at Thunderhill July 16th Reply with quote

Well we are going to try once again, the last time we were rained out. so everyone come out July 16th and see cars from the 60s run again completely restored like they were back then, plus regular weekly classes.
B car Billy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come see the old cars run at Thunderhill, they should be fast on such a high banked track.
vintage#7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a question? My brother and I have my fathers 1933 Chevy 3 window coupe that was raced on the dirt tracks of southern Tennessee from 1964-1967. My father had a stroke and the driver of the car; after winning the modified feature in 1967 @ Winchester Tn. Speedway, stored it for 40 years before returning it to back to our familiy in December of 2007. The car has a Ford 427 with three two BBL carbs. We pulled the oil pan, replaced the rings, valve springs, changed out the magneto, rebuilt the carbs, repaired the leaking gas tank and then fired it up! It sounded great after sitting for 40 years! My brother entered it in a KVRA Vintage race @ Duck River Speedway a few years ago, but it's hard being competitive running against modern late model chassis cars and the only thing being VINTAGE on the other cars was the outer BODY sheet metal!!
We were interested in bringing the car to Thunderhill and were curious what the rules are for this race were? We are not professional drivers, we just enjoy playing in the old car! We look forward to your reply!
B car Billy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage#7 call me at 1-731-427-6621 will be glad to talk to you thanks Billy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: